gaming headset reviews

Tom_nerd

I wrote this and though that if anyone ever googles gaming headset review they will get some help by reading this:

In this document, I will be going through each headset from many different manufacturers at different price points. Also, I was wondering, those beats ones that you got for your birthday a couple of years ago, those would probably do fine. Although I’m going to do a review anyway because why not? I’m going to be going through them in price order. These microphones are all over-ears because I assumed you would want those as generally the consensus is that they are the industry standard for gaming.  

Starting at a minuscule £19.99 are the turtle beach Ear Force Recon 50P’s. these headphones are pretty good for the price although there are the competitors of the Trust GXT310 radius which may prevail over this headset. For the moment lets get bet back to this headset, there are some nice features like a volume controller and mute button in the wire which is a nice touch on a budget headset like this one. It has a 40mm driver which means that it should have a mediocre amount of dynamic range to the sound. It also has leather earcups which means that for long gaming sessions it should not create any discomfort. It also has a boom mic which means that it eliminates that annoying wind noise from when people talk that sounds like a hurricane. The microphone is also detachable if you want to not use it and get it out the way. It is also compatible with PC/PS4/XBOX one/mac.  

Link: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/turtle-beach-ear-force-recon-50p-gaming-headset-black-blue-10139708-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=4d7eb93e-055f-499d-8ee5-1cdcc50d67d1&istItemId=xxpwqqtil&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~1016+(PLA)+Gaming+Accs+-+Headsets+Adaptive~1016+(PLA)+PC+Gaming+-+Headsets+Adaptive+ad+group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=MICROSOFT&device=c&ds_kids=92700054783928564&tgtid=1016+(PLA)+Gaming+Accs+-+Headsets+Adaptive&msclkid=c2579951a0461dfc60afc7ad6147e148&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1016+(PLA)+Gaming+Accs+-+Headsets+Adaptive&utm_term=4578503893118855&utm_content=1016+(PLA)+PC+Gaming+-+Headsets+Adaptive+ad+group&gclid=CJ_u1MHDrOoCFUdUGwodzt8ERQ&gclsrc=ds  

Now for their main competitor the trust GXT 310 radius gaming headset. These are very similar to the previous headset apart from a couple of differences. The first difference is that it does not have a boom mic to avoid the annoying wind noise it just has a regular mic. This pair of headphones I practically the same as the last although if I was going to pick one at the £20 price point it would be (drum roll) … the turtle beaches because of their superior build quality. 

Now for the turtle beach recon 70X gaming headset, their main selling point is the audio quality because they have very high-resolution sound output. Another nice touch is that when you fold up the microphone it also mutes the microphone so you don’t have another Mr malik in assembly incident. It comes with a 1.2 meter cable which might be great if you want to stand at the other side of the room of your controller then its great. But for everyone else on the planet that may be a little annoying with the cable in the way. 

Link: https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/headsets-and-microphones/turtle-beach-recon-70x-gaming-headset-white-green-10190734-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=4d7eb93e-055f-499d-8ee5-1cdcc50d67d1&istItemId=wqrrttqqm&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~1016+(PLA)+Gaming+Accs+-+Headsets+Adaptive~1016+(PLA)+PC+Gaming+-+Headsets+Adaptive+ad+group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=MICROSOFT&device=c&ds_kids=92700054783928564&tgtid=1016+(PLA)+Gaming+Accs+-+Headsets+Adaptive&msclkid=65d4e42bb4fb1fc7ff61bad7758456c8&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=1016+(PLA)+Gaming+Accs+-+Headsets+Adaptive&utm_term=4578503893118855&utm_content=1016+(PLA)+PC+Gaming+-+Headsets+Adaptive+ad+group&gclid=CN6w_f3DrOoCFUdUGwodzt8ERQ&gclsrc=ds  

Now for the MSI Immerse GH30. This is the first microphone that can fold up which means that shoving it in a cupboard is that little bit easier. It also has a mute button and a volume controller on the cable. It has an MSI dragon on the side which may push away some people from buying. Like the turtle beach Ear Force Recon 50P’s it has a detachable microphone. It also has a 2-year warranty. This is not necessarily a feature more of a nice touch, it has very large letters to indicate which ear the headphone goes over, it's annoying when you get them the wrong way round then the stereo effect and can negatively impact gaming performance. The price of this headset is £45.99 which is reasonable for a headset like this. 

Now for the HYPERX cloud II Pro 7.1. these have a plethora of features with a price to match, they come in at £78.99, which may seem like a very large price tag, and you would be correct. But it does have a lot of features. The main one is that it has 7.1 surround sound which means that it has 7 different points to choose from when outputting sound. In most headphones (all of the rest of them in the review so far) they have 2 points to choose the audio from which means that If you are playing a game and there are gunshots too the left, then in the headphones it will be on the left. Although with that set up it's either left or right and no in-betweens. Whereas 7.1 has 7 in-betweens so that you can more accurately pinpoint where the noise is coming from in the game. It also has a boom mic which means that you won’t hear that annoying wind noise from the mouth. And as you may have heard earlier I was praising other manufacturers for having a mute button and volume control into the cable, HYPERX takes than and turns it up to 11. With a volume up and down on the headphone, using buttons instead of a volume rocker. It also has volume up and down for the microphone so you can overpower everyone else’s voices. You can also turn 7.1 surround sound audio off and on. This is useful if you are using something like a PS3/ Xbox 360 or something that does not support 7.1 audio and turn it off for compatibility reasons. It also has a 1-meter cable and if you want to be a little further away then it comes with a 1-meter extension.  

Now for the final headset, which is obviously the most expensive headset (if you forgot its in price order) it’s the Logitech G pro X gaming headset (2nd gen) which is a very premium headset as it has 7.1 surround sound which as I mentioned earlier can give you a competitive advantage. It also has a Blue VO!CE (that was not a spelling error) which is very commonly used in professional environment for things like professional voice recording for things like podcasts or game streamers. It also has 50mm drivers which mean that it will be able to get a very rich bass. It also has a boom mic to avoid wind noise. It also does some background noise reduction which means that if there are background noises it should get rid of them. The mic is also detachable