Can any one advise me a better RAM upgrade ?

Good evening every one.I want an advice from every one. I want to upgrade my present rig RAM  I have an age old system with 8GB DDR3  1600 MHz RAM, Corsair Vengeance ( 4GB DDR3 X 2 ). Now my query is since as per my motherboard being Asus Crosshair V Formula Z I am often interested to play most AAA games nowadays, but problem is my machine shuts down without a reason. As I have stated earlier that I have an FX 8350  with Asus Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard and there are up to 4 RAM slots only 2 are occupied can I buy a 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz FSB and attach it to third slot of Corsair too? I am giving my rigs picture for ready reference. I recently got a RX 580 last birthday and I have a lot to catch up in steam. Due to Corona my hard ware could not get me before 1st of June 2020. so I had made a screenshot of my desktop on 1st June 2020. 

FX 8350 2014.jpg

1001037560_INSIDEHAF932.jpg

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

The reason for System crashes shouldn't be because you have too little ram. You should look into why your system is crashing before spending money on upgrading RAM for such an old system. 

From what I understand you're planning to buy a single 1600MHz Stick?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Thank you kind sir for replying to me yes I am eager to buy single RAM stick I cannot decide whether a single 8GB RAM or a 16 GB RAM  stick so asking every one in here.I believe there is hidden gem in every one and i can learn from every one.

Just now, Suvajit_geek said:

Thank you kind sir for replying to me yes I am eager to buy single RAM stick I cannot decide whether a single 8GB RAM or a 16 GB RAM  stick so asking every one in here.I believe there is hidden gem in every one and i can learn from every one.

Your processor supports Dual Channel RAM, which means that ideally you would want to get two sticks of RAM for better performance. Wether that's another 2x4GB or 2x8GB is up to you and what you want to achieve with your System.

I would advise against doing any of that before figuring out what leads your System to crash however. Also think about the possibility of upgrading instead of spending the money on RAM for your aging system.

You could describe in a bit more detail when your system crashes, how it crashes etc. so we can figure out what the problem is

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

say like I am playing Serious sam 4 or Halo 3 in steam it just crashes no question all machine shut down. It won't start that easy I have to wait for 10 minutes to power it back on again.One more thing is that it has a faulty fan case fan of 230mm side panel not working since it is a HAF932 I got in 2009.I am planing for a new rig but slowly and steadily not immediately. 

2 minutes ago, Suvajit_geek said:

say like I am playing Serious sam 4 or Halo 3 in steam it just crashes no question all machine shut down. It won't start that easy I have to wait for 10 minutes to power it back on again.One more thing is that it has a faulty fan case fan of 230mm side panel not working since it is a HAF932 I got in 2009.I am planing for a new rig but slowly and steadily not immediately. 

Do you have a second PSU you can try in your system somewhere? Or a friend that would be willing to lend you one to try out?

Especially that you have to wait 10 minutes for it to power on again sounds a bit like it might be a PSU problem. Maybe it's overheating, is there a lot of dust buildup that you can see from the outside?

Yes dust you can say that kind sir because my home is on the top of a main road and moreover I was busy in studying for Google so last June I cleaned my rig after that so far not yet. I do not have any friends to talk to. So I am alone by myself. 

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

ok kind admins thank you for guiding me well I am eager to learn from every one in here as I believe every one is gifted. 

Good evening all.  I thank every one for the advices I finally got the RAM I wanted to get. Thank you all for the advices. Happy thanks giving

IMG_20201126_170047574.jpg

IMG_20201126_170452068.jpg

IMG_20201126_170911770.jpg

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png