My first PC!

vladNMP

Budget (including currency): just being economic money-wise, when is the case.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: just gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Sooo, these are the parts, currently waiting for all to arrive..

Monitor Dell S3220DGF 2k 165HZ (is G-sync compatible, tested it)

Mouse Corsair Dark Core Pro (wanted to see how wireless life is, and it's amazing, the the Rival from Steelseries was too expensive)

KeyBoard Corsair K95 (awesome Black Friday deal, 100$, still waiting for it)

Mousepad Steelseries something (my MSI laptop (ge73 8rf) has a steelseries keyboard which is nice so I thought a mousepad matching it would be cool and I love it)

MoBo ASUS x570 P (Hardware Unboxed recommended it so I went for it, also got it cheap)

Case P500A Black dRGB (wanted the Lancool II Mesh first, but nowhere to get, P400A was a next option but since the Arctic 280 AIO was not in stock and went with 360 variant, was pretty concerned about the spacing so I went with this one)

Cooler AIO 360 Arctic Liquid Freezer II (as GamersNexus suggested)

RAM Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600MHz CL16 (got the for cheap, saw that 3600/16 is a kind of sweet spot?)

Storage M.2 Intel 665p 1TB x 2 (Black Friday deal, price was the same as SATA 2.5 inch SSDs. no HDD in this build, don't need)

PSU Seasonic 750W Focus GX 80+ Gold (saw that 750W is somewhat of a sweet spot)

I know, there is no CPU and GPU. I am aiming for a 5600x or 5800X (I know i must do a BIOS update with a 3000 Ryzen CPU since the MoBo has no BIOS Flash) since sadly there is no 5700x yet, and currently waiting for the release of 6900 XT. I am looking for a 2k 165Hz bang for the buck build.

Questions time!

1. What do you think of this so far? 

2. Please check the photo uploaded.

a) Is it a good idea?

b) in which direction to mount the pump? I would go for pink, lateral mounting.

3. Am I limited in any way by the MoBo? Actually Hardcore Overclocking channel called this MoBo kinda empty, I hope it has connectors for everything.

4. Will I find everything that I need in the boxes for this build? Or do I need to buy things like fan spliters etc. (currently I am using what the case has).

This is my first build EVER, was a laptop dude, and maybe I don't even know what to ask. I might search for help on discord, is anyone willing to help out if need? 

AIO HELP.jpg

1 hour ago, vladNMP said:

Budget (including currency): just being economic money-wise, when is the case.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: just gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Sooo, these are the parts, currently waiting for all to arrive..

Monitor Dell S3220DGF 2k 165HZ (is G-sync compatible, tested it)

Mouse Corsair Dark Core Pro (wanted to see how wireless life is, and it's amazing, the the Rival from Steelseries was too expensive)

KeyBoard Corsair K95 (awesome Black Friday deal, 100$, still waiting for it)

Mousepad Steelseries something (my MSI laptop (ge73 8rf) has a steelseries keyboard which is nice so I thought a mousepad matching it would be cool and I love it)

MoBo ASUS x570 P (Hardware Unboxed recommended it so I went for it, also got it cheap)

Case P500A Black dRGB (wanted the Lancool II Mesh first, but nowhere to get, P400A was a next option but since the Arctic 280 AIO was not in stock and went with 360 variant, was pretty concerned about the spacing so I went with this one)

Cooler AIO 360 Arctic Liquid Freezer II (as GamersNexus suggested)

RAM Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600MHz CL16 (got the for cheap, saw that 3600/16 is a kind of sweet spot?)

Storage M.2 Intel 665p 1TB x 2 (Black Friday deal, price was the same as SATA 2.5 inch SSDs. no HDD in this build, don't need)

PSU Seasonic 750W Focus GX 80+ Gold (saw that 750W is somewhat of a sweet spot)

I know, there is no CPU and GPU. I am aiming for a 5600x or 5800X (I know i must do a BIOS update with a 3000 Ryzen CPU since the MoBo has no BIOS Flash) since sadly there is no 5700x yet, and currently waiting for the release of 6900 XT. I am looking for a 2k 165Hz bang for the buck build.

Questions time!

1. What do you think of this so far? 

2. Please check the photo uploaded.

a) Is it a good idea?

b) in which direction to mount the pump? I would go for pink, lateral mounting.

3. Am I limited in any way by the MoBo? Actually Hardcore Overclocking channel called this MoBo kinda empty, I hope it has connectors for everything.

4. Will I find everything that I need in the boxes for this build? Or do I need to buy things like fan spliters etc. (currently I am using what the case has).

This is my first build EVER, was a laptop dude, and maybe I don't even know what to ask. I might search for help on discord, is anyone willing to help out if need? 

AIO HELP.jpg

Your MOBO, it's plain for such a nice build. But it will work.
You might need to splurge for a fan controller because or a splitter because you only have 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin) and 3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (3 x 4 -pin).

Not sure how your AIO interfaces with your mobo (usually a USB port), you have 2 of those so you should be ok.
Rad mount is better on top because it will gather less dust in the rad and it's safer long term when your AIO start loosing liquid (normal).

Otherwise, aside from the motherboard, those are really nice choices. Good luck on getting your hand on a 6900xt and a ryzen 5000, I waited two months for my 3080 (arriving tomorrow by UPS) and waiting for a R9-5900x

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

Example.png.c4c48f84d0cd03a348bc74a1184297f2.png

Something like this should be doable too. But then there is a question about how many fans u want pushing air out at the top. From what i read, if the case has dustfilter, positive pressure can help reducing buildup of dust in the computer case.

Just make sure the pump is not the highest point, as air rises. This way of installing the radiator should "trap" all the air at the very top of the radiator barely affecting the flow if at all.

just finished installing the SSDs! i might have some problems with the AIO mounting but it.s.. let.s say common sense right? 

what is that "add gen 2"?

20201121_133015.jpg

20201121_133443.jpg

20201121_133502.jpg

20201121_133551.jpg

20201121_133523.jpg

• 2 weeks later...