How much wattage do I need?

PineKiwi

Based on my current system, which includes a i7-7700k @4.5Ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming M6 AC, G.Skill Trident Z ddr4-3200 16gb, WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200rpm, and Samsung 850 Evo-Series 250 gb powered by a EVGA G2 550 W 80+ Gold PSU.  (I know everything else just not sure if it is necessary so let me know if something is missing.)  Is the corresponding PSU have enough wattage to power a 3070 or 3080? If not how much wattage should I be looking for instead?  I will probably be overclocking the card but nothing past the provided software.  Thank you for your help and knowledge.

3 minutes ago, PineKiwi said:

which is in my signature

your signature doesn't seem to be visible, make sure you didn't accidentally clear it or forget to save it when you typed it.

in my signature down below, you can click on the "how many watts do I need?" link at the bottom, which should give you a good idea of what you need.

However, the 3080 and 3090 are a special case (to a lesser extent the 3070), as they appear to have some very demanding transient power draw that's quite brutal on anything but the best power supplies. Often results in shutdowns.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

your signature doesn't seem to be visible, make sure you didn't accidentally clear it or forget to save it when you typed it.

in my signature down below, you can click on the "how many watts do I need?" link at the bottom, which should give you a good idea of what you need.

However, the 3080 and 3090 are a special case (to a lesser extent the 3070), as they appear to have some very demanding transient power draw that's quite brutal on anything but the best power supplies. Often results in shutdowns.

yes sorry I just added the parts in the topic I will look at my signature shortly.