Running Linux on 2020 Razer 13''

So has anyone else had any luck getting any distro of linux to work on this model? I've tried 10 or so popular distro's to learn on and have done nothing but waste a bunch of time. Some of them will start up eventually in a live enviroment if they have a safe/compatibility mode but once the install is complete it's nothing but errors. I think it has something to do with the Intel/Nvidia hybrid GPU setup. I've found people with similar issues on various forums but they don't reach a resolution at all, or reach one that doesn't work for me. Basically when it boots up will begin failing repeatedly with various errors. I had hoped to play around with Fedora, Pop OS, etc but it doesn't seem to matter what distro or branch it comes from.

Could you share the error messages here? Also, what are the specifications of your exact model (I got this when searching for Razer 13")?

28 minutes ago, elsandosgrande said:

Could you share the error messages here? Also, what are the specifications of your exact model (I got this when searching for Razer 13")?

• Intel Core i7-1065G7
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 13.3" 120Hz Full HD
  • GeForce GTX 1650 Ti
  • 16GB RAM, 512GB SS

https://www.razer.com/gaming-laptops/Razer-Blade-Stealth-13/RZ09-03102E22-R3U1

This is a pic I took yesterday for myself. The errors are pretty similar no matter which flavor I'm trying to boot.

IMG_1019.jpg

Without looking anything up, I'd say that Nouveau is crashing (I was told in an issue ticket of mine on Freedesktop's GitLab instance that my dGPU generation practically doesn't work and that RTX and newer (d)GPUs straight up crash with Nouveau), but it crashing on the LiveUSB is definitely unexpected.

Could you give us a quick rundown of all of the things which you have tried to do thus far to resolve this issue? Maybe disabling mode setting might do the trick if you haven't tried it yet: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-uk/sln306327/manual-nomodeset-kernel-boot-line-option-for-linux-booting?lang=en

Download Manjaro (nVidia edition)  or PopOS (nVidia edition)

Spoiler

in your desktop enviroment of choice. Should work out of the box if your BIOS is configured right. Take a pic of your BIOS screens if you have an issue with Manjaro.

7 hours ago, jcady2626 said:

Download Manjaro (nVidia edition)  or PopOS (nVidia edition)

Hide contents

in your desktop enviroment of choice. Should work out of the box if your BIOS is configured right. Take a pic of your BIOS screens if you have an issue with Manjaro.

I tried one of those in the nvidia edition mode...I'll look at which one it was and report back. Secure boot is disabled...what else could be causing issues in BIOS?

7 hours ago, elsandosgrande said:

Without looking anything up, I'd say that Nouveau is crashing (I was told in an issue ticket of mine on Freedesktop's GitLab instance that my dGPU generation practically doesn't work and that RTX and newer (d)GPUs straight up crash with Nouveau), but it crashing on the LiveUSB is definitely unexpected.

Could you give us a quick rundown of all of the things which you have tried to do thus far to resolve this issue? Maybe disabling mode setting might do the trick if you haven't tried it yet: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-uk/sln306327/manual-nomodeset-kernel-boot-line-option-for-linux-booting?lang=en

I tried a few other things in the grub file per other forums, but I will try this out and report back.

Thank you for the assistance, after wasting much more time and looking at a few threads in other places it appears that of the few people who managed to get the video working, many other things were still not. Looks like I'm going to have to pass for now.