Asus Rog Zephyrus M15 Keyboard Paint Chipping away

Xbright1

i recently had bought a asus rog zephurs m15 GU502 on the 1st of November whiten 5 days of the purchase i had noticed paint was coming off my keyboard edges is that normal or is that a qc issue with these? ive contacted bestbuy 1800 and asus about this issue i should be able to return the laptop since under warranty or to exchange this by the 16th of jan 2021 but im having a feeling this is gonna happen again with each laptop i get

A fair few people are having the issue with the new Zephyrus stuff from asus so I'd look for another laptop really. Got a budget and what you wanna do on it?

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

A fair few people are having the issue with the new Zephyrus stuff from asus so I'd look for another laptop really. Got a budget and what you wanna do on it?

well i also ordered a corsair k70 keyboard in general kinda to try this out got a good deal for 89 bucks at bestbuy online but reason why i got this laptop was due to the price/ spec price point and knowing asus was really good for what i need or wanted also good brand from what ive known and had  also didn't feel up to building a computer right now due to limited space and setup in my room  i got it for it was 1300 blackfriday due to needed a new computer / laptop something i could use for home use or on the go which isn't gonna happen really during these times but thinking about if i went back home for the holidays also dont know maybe under 2k maybe 1.6k at most  didn't feel up to acer or dell or even hp for that matter never had good experience with them i do like this computer for the most part but its a laptop its gonna have its issues every computer does

You can totally have a 1300 dollar machine with even better specs than this thing that doesn't have the paint peeling issue.

The xmg core 15 amd version exists. The ryzen cpu's in them are allowed to go so far beyond their rated tdp due to really good cooling that they basically perform identical to their desktop zen 2 counterparts. The rtx 2060 in the laptop is also one of the fastest curernt mobile gpu's out there due to the good cooling and it being the refreshed model that is allowed to pull 110w+ which puts it a good bit ahead of the 2070 in the m15. It also is just a better laptop in regards to screen and quality. May be a little harder to get due to stock shortages but the 4600h+2060 config (which is better than the i7 + 2070 config of the laptop you have) goes for around 1250-1350$ (also totally depends on how you wish to configure it as it's a fully configurable laptop.