Gigabyte Auros 2070 OC Fans issue

sadbannanahours

Hey everyone,

I have the graphics card as stated in the title which seems to be incredibly loud, I had an alienware prebuilt system previously which had a stock 1080ti that I barely heard a peep out of but now that ive built my new machine (which has wayyyyy better airlflow than the alienware) the fans are very loud.

Basically as soon as the card gets anywhere close to 80 degrees Celsius (I live in QLD Australia so its hot and muggy here at the best of times) the fans just go ballistic and get ridiculously loud while cooling down the card. Ive tried various fan curves on a couple of different softwares and they seem to make it quieter when not under load but the fans still go crazy at that 80 mark. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There’s always some sort of watercooling.  It’s the traditional way to quiet hot cards.  A lot of 2070s are non reference and have no regular blocks made for them so you’re possibly looking at hybrid. A fps cap may help as well. Simply don’t run the card all the way up. The way to do that on the other end would be limiting the number of frames the cpu can create with undervolting or something.  Cards running at 100% on are loud.  One more thought would be basic maintainance: make sure your gpu cooler is not dust stuffed, or that all your fans are actually spinning and don’t have beariing problems, etc.. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

i had a similar issue with my card although it's not a similar card but even though the "thermal limit" of the card was 84c whenever the card would hit 78ish the fans would turn to 100% even though the fan curve didn't ask for it...

it was suggested to me that it was possibly an incorrect application of thermal paste that wasn't completely covering the dye, causing part of the chip to get too hot (hotter than the given temp) and that would cause the surging fan speed. i repasted my gpu and this solved my problem but i know not everyone is comfortable doing this and just becuase it worked on my evga card certainly doesn;t mean that a gigabyte card might have a similar issue.