£45/US$75/CA$80 Headphones and Microphone to replace headset

jarthur36

To be brief, I am searching for a pair of headphones and some kind of microphone for £45(approx conversions are in the title).
Desired Specification:
   Headphones:

• Comfortable for long use
  • Immersive experience
  • Crisp sound
  • Sturdy construction
  • inconspicuous enough to be able to wear in public without being judged. 

Microphone:

• Clear 
  • Not an inconvenience(Out of the way, not going to tangle me up if i want to move)
  • No background noise

Usage:

• Skype voice chat
  • Spotify(Music)
  • Gaming

Background Essay(Probably not worth your time)
To get a hang of my past experience and what I might be looking for, here's a little bit of background for you(warning, bit of an essay)...
I have a PC at each of my parents' house.
After my last headset broke, I splashed out £70 on a Razer Kraken Pro headset which despite it's advertising as "The most comfortable headset ever", gave me bad ear fatigue after a couple hours of use, and although sound quality was better than anything i had head before(It was my first pair of headphones that didn't come free with an MP3 player), the mic quality was awefull picking up tonnes of background noise and buzz even from the supposedly high quality onboard sound card on my MSI Z87-G45. I think it is clear here that you play a premium for a large company to stick a mediocre mic onto the side of average headphones and stamp their logo on it.

At this house i have a £20 microsoft headset designed for skype (well MSN i guess but who even uses that). Although the onboard on this cheap asus motherboard isn't anything special, we've seen it doesn't make a whole world of difference. It's broken and beyond use.

I don't game hardcore, even if I somehow manage a 4 or 5 hour session on call of duty or something similar, I don't expect to be able to hear people footsteps. Saying that, I love to be immersed into games like Thief or Skyrim. I am almost always on skype talking with friends but that is the extent of my mic use, it doesn't have to be amazing quality and i don't care if it's attached to the headphones, on my desk or even clipped onto me (preferably not the last one) but aslong as my friends can hear me without making it any kind of inconvenience to be in a call with me when they are playing their own games. I also listen to music over spotify quite alot of the time.

If this turns out good then I will probably trade out the headsets so i can use the new setup on the better pc.

If you are sitting at a desk I would get the superlux.

From the comments they seem great. There's something about them i'm not sure about. Perhaps it's the retro design. I am going to be sat at a desk all of the time though. A definite contender. I still do want to get a range of opinions so I can make a good judgement for myself. Thanks though.

EDIT: Just noticed that they are semi-open backed, I'm no expert but doesn't that mean they will let in quite a bit of noise? not quite what i was looking for Immersion-wise but I guess i could compromise.

just checked prices of some headphones in UK

Holy cow superlux 681 evo for 130 pounds, while in USA only 40$.

ugh

From the comments they seem great. There's something about them i'm not sure about. Perhaps it's the retro design. I am going to be sat at a desk all of the time though. A definite contender. I still do want to get a range of opinions so I can make a good judgement for myself. Thanks though.

EDIT: Just noticed that they are semi-open backed, I'm no expert but doesn't that mean they will let in quite a bit of noise? not quite what i was looking for Immersion-wise but I guess i could compromise.

They won't let much noise in when you are listening to music.

Quote me to get a reply!

just checked prices of some headphones in UK

Holy cow superlux 681 evo for 130 pounds, while in USA only 40$.

ugh

Not sure where you are getting that from :/ . I could get those ones shipped in from germany for ~£30 or buy them from a UK place for £25

Also, Scrap the mic for now, I have that sorted. Just Headphones for £45.

Not sure where you are getting that from :/ . I could get those ones shipped in from germany for ~£30 or buy them from a UK place for £25

oh, amazon.

what uk place? what germany place? thanks.

pioneer se a1000 are really good if its  below 45 pound

the onboard audio is fine most of the time

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

oh, amazon.

what uk place? what germany place? thanks.

Yeh, amazon don't have them in stock personally so they rely on people setting their own price and selling them on.

German: http://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_hd_681_evo_bk.htm

And i didn't realise but the english one only sold the non-EVO ones: http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/recording-studio/detail.asp?stock=10031913432532

There doesn't appear to be anywhere to get the EVOs in england :/