Valve Index home setup for multi-room help request, HDBaseT && OR Ethernet

So I stumbled on LTT trying to research a solution for DisplayPort over Ethernet and was excited to see the spot on the whole home tech consolidation to the gigabit network and server build with virtualization. 

However, my desired solution is somewhat different, as the LTT team ran the fiber physically. 

I am renting and a new cable run is impractical, though not impossible. I had been designing running HDMI 4K over an AV matrix transmitter when I started looking into solutions for my Valve Index. 

What I want to do is setup the system to transmit to another couple areas in the house over existing wiring - Coax. 

I haven’t looked at the max rating for coax, as I have never had to use MOCA (Ethernet over coax), but figure it’s probably ok. More curious if anyone knows what it would take to make it work. 

DisplayPort and USB 3.0 extenders via Ethernet Cat6 seem like they could solve without latency issues, but I can’t find a AV or Display forum with anyone that has done similar. I know it is possible and expensive, and was hoping someone had some concrete recommendations or leads. 

Thanks in advance, 

Kevin

THings like hdbase-t will be much better lattency wise than any ip solution as there is no encode and decode and much less issues.

You can probably just use the coax for video, there are solutions like sdi for video over coax, but make sure it won't mess with the other signals on your coax wiring.

Hdbase-t won't work over moca, as its not normal data.

Id probalby just get a laptop that can be moved to where you need it if you need a good experince in multiple locations.