Something is wrong with my PC

Gavin Deverman

Last night I installed a windows update and selected update and shut down. This morning I woke up and I couldn't open any apps or games other than one time I got a game to work but it was super buggy. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you be more specific? What errors are you getting or are the apps just not opening? You can also try reversing the windows update through a restore point if one was made.

zuofx 🙂

www.zuofx.xyz

Windows System: i5-9400, GTX 1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 2600Hz.

Linux System (Mint): i7-2600, iGPU, 20GB DDR3 1600Hz, (Salvaged from a Professor's hoard).

Laptop: Apple M1 2021 Mac Pro.

----------------------

Don't turn on 2 computers at once in a University dorm.

It does not end well.

🙂👍

My apps just won't open and no I don't have a restore point. Do you need any other info?

Do you use a hard drive?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Can you boot into recovery mode and reinstall Windows?
You can keep your personal files, just all of your applications will be gone.

elephants

Welcome to the forums!!!

Under Windows Update, you should have the ability to uninstall updates that have been installed for around 30 days. I suggest going back and uninstalling the updates you installed the day before you started encountering the issues. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"