Windows Server setup not detecting any drives.

Hi I have been issues trying to install Windows Server on my HP ProLiant G7. It wont detect the drives and I cant boot into the old OS. Is there any way i can fix this or restore all my drives without being able to boot in to windows.

What version of Win Server? What storage controllers are in your ProLiant? Does the BIOS detect your boot storage? Have you tried booting Ubuntu or similar off USB and checking on your drives there? 

These generally have RAID or SAS controllers, which are usually not recognized by the hot garbage that is Windows Setup. There should be an option to install 3rd party storage controller drivers on the screen to select your install location, on all versions since 2008. 

40 minutes ago, thermalgoop said:

What version of Win Server? What storage controllers are in your ProLiant? Does the BIOS detect your boot storage? Have you tried booting Ubuntu or similar off USB and checking on your drives there? 

These generally have RAID or SAS controllers, which are usually not recognized by the hot garbage that is Windows Setup. There should be an option to install 3rd party storage controller drivers on the screen to select your install location, on all versions since 2008. 

I'm trying to install Windows server 2012. I'm using the smart array-410i controller. When I go in to repair then CMD on the setup it puts me in drive x witch has a 14gb partition. I can't access the C drive because it says that it is a unsupported file system. I booted in to ubuntu on a usb and I still couldn't see any drives.

Edited by Foxface918