Hello there,

I have a MSI laptop:

GL75 9SFK 1228CA. 

1. CPU: i7-9750H 2.60Ghz
  2. GPU: RTX 2070
  3. Windows version: 20H2
  4. OS build: 19042.572
  5. Nvidia Driver: 457.09

I am having issues with BSOD while doing multiple tasks or games saying: DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE or VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE(nvlddmkm.sys)

So I checked my device manager and it shows my: Nvidia USB 3.10 extensible host controller (USB xHCI)  having an issues: This device cannot start. (Code 10). An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.

So I tried to clean install my Nvidia drivers by uninstalling them with DDU and then installing them with GeForce Experience. 

Still have the same error. BSOD and USB xHCI cannot start. 

Also clean installed my Widows through USB Media Creation Tool and installing all the drivers again but no gain. Even done BIOS update and Firmware update.

What is wrong with my laptop :(

Please help me! Thanks in advance!

You've basically tried anything you could so it sounds like something's failed and you'll have to arrange an RMA/repair.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Sounds like something's failed and you'll have to arrange an RMA.

So you think its a hardware issue?

Yep most likely.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

14 minutes ago, RedShank said:

Hello there,

I have a MSI laptop:

GL75 9SFK 1228CA. 

1. CPU: i7-9750H 2.60Ghz
  2. GPU: RTX 2070
  3. Windows version: 20H2
  4. OS build: 19042.572
  5. Nvidia Driver: 457.09

I am having issues with BSOD while doing multiple tasks or games saying: DRIVER_STATE_POWER_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

So I checked my device manager and it shows my: Nvidia USB 3.10 extensible host controller (USB xHCI)  having an issues: This device cannot start. (Code 10). An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.

So I tried to clean install my Nvidia drivers by uninstalling them with DDU and then installing them with Geforce Experience. 

Still have the same error. BSOD and USB xHCI cannot start. 

Also clean installed my Widows through USB Media Creation Tool. and installing all the drivers again but no gain. Even done BIOS update and Firmware update.

What is wrong with my laptop :(

Please help me! Thanks in advance!

DDU the nVidia driver and download the new driver. Make sure you download the laptop graphics driver not the desktop graphics driver. This link should work

1 minute ago, Applefreak said:

DDU the nVidia driver and download the new driver. Make sure you download the laptop graphics driver not the desktop graphics driver. This link should work

Did that already.

4 minutes ago, RedShank said:

Did that already.

Have you tried an older version of the driver?

11 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Have you tried an older version of the driver?

the previous one yes.

Just now, RedShank said:

the previous one yes 

Before sending it in for repair, try formatting the drive and reinstalling a fresh copy of the OS. If you can rule that out, you have a bad component. Hoping it's just software that's acting up.