New Build Help

Agena_

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi, ive built a list for my build. Are there any problems with this. i dont want to change anything. i just want to know if its ok. thanks in advance

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4JJV7X

if you don't want to change anything, why are you asking?

with that budget, you can do much better.

Just now, boggy77 said:

if you don't want to change anything, why are you asking?

with that budget, you can do much better.

i meant by compatibility issues. also what can i change to get a better build please

Just now, Agena_ said:

i meant by compatibility issues. also what can i change to get a better build please

is this mainly for gaming?

Just now, boggy77 said:

is this mainly for gaming?

gaming, school work, and browsing.

games can include fortnite, apex, warzone

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

wow thank you

i will consider this to my list.  Also, 

20 minutes ago, Agena_ said:

Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard

is this motherboard a good option. as i was told by someone that this is not a good motherboard. is this true?

13 minutes ago, Agena_ said:

wow thank you

i will consider this to my list.  Also, 

is this motherboard a good option. as i was told by someone that this is not a good motherboard. is this true?

that is true, the b450 boards from asus aren't great. however, the asus b550 tuf that I recommended in my build is excellent

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

that is true, the b450 boards from asus aren't great. however, the asus b550 tuf that I recommended in my build is excellent

oh right, do you know why they arent great. im not going to overclock or anything 

11 minutes ago, Agena_ said:

oh right, do you know why they arent great. im not going to overclock or anything 

they have bad power delivery that isn't sufficient to power anything more than a 65W cpu and that will overheat. even if you don't overclock, it will limit the cpus boost potential, so even at stock you might get less performance than with a better board. 

19 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

they have bad power delivery that isn't sufficient to power anything more than a 65W cpu and that will overheat. even if you don't overclock, it will limit the cpus boost potential, so even at stock you might get less performance than with a better board. 

what about this https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-ROG-Strix-Gaming-Motherboard/dp/B08F9VP2RC/ref=asc_df_B08F9VP2RC/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463168706581&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12281372500662358162&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046071&hvtargid=pla-1143333916952&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

6 minutes ago, Agena_ said:

this one is decent, but I really recommend getting a b550 board, why do you insist with the b450 boards?

you can also look for the in the Motherboard tier list (AMD) . i'd go for Tier C or above.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

this one is decent, but I really recommend getting a b550 board, why do you insist with the b450 boards?

you can also look for the in the Motherboard tier list (AMD) . i'd go for Tier C or above.

its mainly the aesthetics. i liked the look of this board. is b450 not good on all of them?