Help with PC speakers/Headset

Ryuzakimorgoth

image.png.94ebcfc7e5359576fe31ce7056596254.pngimage.png.292e763e73df857cab4ba973b5dccd3c.png

So I have this weird issue and I cannot find anything on this anywhere. I wasn't sure where to post this specifically so I apologize in advance.

I recently got a PC splitter from Amazon(I'll leave a link down in case this might be the cause of the issue) and now my headset is recognized as my straight up PC Speaker, which isn't what I want. I mostly use my headset for my Discord chat and I prefer having my game audio going through my actual speakers. My Chrome,Media Players etc, is going through my HDTV for convenience. But now I cannot reroute the game audio to my speakers and its driving me nuts. Same goes for my VLC media player, my chrome audio does go through my HDTV however. Is there a way to reroute the audio where I want in this specific case?

Here is the splitter I am using.

https://www.amazon.ca/dextension-tablette-ordinateur-portable-téléphone/dp/B078PZ1BGN/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_fr_CA=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=mokfon+pc+audio+splitter&qid=1603816880&sr=8-5

3 hours ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

image.png.94ebcfc7e5359576fe31ce7056596254.pngimage.png.292e763e73df857cab4ba973b5dccd3c.png

So I have this weird issue and I cannot find anything on this anywhere. I wasn't sure where to post this specifically so I apologize in advance.

I recently got a PC splitter from Amazon(I'll leave a link down in case this might be the cause of the issue) and now my headset is recognized as my straight up PC Speaker, which isn't what I want. I mostly use my headset for my Discord chat and I prefer having my game audio going through my actual speakers. My Chrome,Media Players etc, is going through my HDTV for convenience. But now I cannot reroute the game audio to my speakers and its driving me nuts. Same goes for my VLC media player, my chrome audio does go through my HDTV however. Is there a way to reroute the audio where I want in this specific case?

Here is the splitter I am using.

https://www.amazon.ca/dextension-tablette-ordinateur-portable-téléphone/dp/B078PZ1BGN/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_fr_CA=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=mokfon+pc+audio+splitter&qid=1603816880&sr=8-5

Both devices of a splitter are still connected physically to the same single audio jack on the computer and cannot have different audio streams sent to them. If both the headset and speakers are on the splitter then they will both get the same audio.

Is that what you're asking about?

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

2 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Both devices of a splitter are still connected physically to the same single audio jack on the computer and cannot have different audio streams sent to them. If both the headset and speakers are on the splitter then they will both get the same audio.

Is that what you're asking about?

Actually,my speaker is connected to the back of my PC, the headset audio splitter is set up on the front of the PC as its the only place I can put it. I'm confused as to why its considered the same speaker.

2 minutes ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

Actually,my speaker is connected to the back of my PC, the headset audio splitter is set up on the front of the PC as its the only place I can put it. I'm confused as to why its considered the same speaker.

Ah, I see how you have it set up now.

Do you have any audio driver software installed you can play around with. My system has Realtek Audio HD Manager (or called something like that) where I can select how the front audio panel jack behaves. Depending on your motherboard and drivers it's possible the front and rear panel jacks are considered the "same" output by default.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Just now, RAS_3885 said:

Ah, I see how you have it set up now.

Do you have any audio driver software installed you can play around with. My system has Realtek Audio HD Manager (or called something like that) where I can select how the front audio panel jack behaves. Depending on your motherboard and drivers it's possible the front and rear panel jacks are considered the "same" output by default.

I have tried looking up Realtek audio HD but they say its not avalable on Windows 10. Also if you know how to look it up, my motherboard is an ASRock B450M/ac (AM4).

1 minute ago, Ryuzakimorgoth said:

I have tried looking up Realtek audio HD but they say its not avalable on Windows 10. Also if you know how to look it up, my motherboard is an ASRock B450M/ac (AM4).

Mine was bundled with the audio driver for my motherboard. Windows 10. Check ASRock's website for audio drivers for your board an see if you find some kind of utility there.

If you don't then I'm unsure how to make the system see those as separate devices (if it's even possible). You may need to move one of them over to USB audio or use a headphone jack on you TV/monitor for a second output device.