Raid controller recommendations

Psynapsx

I'm looking for a great, reliable RAID controller for the server I'm going to soon build.

It's a 24 disk server with WD Gold 14TB drives (336TB) in a Supermicro CSE-846BE1C-R1K23B chassis using Ubuntu on XenServer as the OS on SSDs in raid1 configuration.
This will be under load 0-24 storing important data.
I haven't decided on RAID levels or probably groups of raid arrays for this yet. I used Dell servers and the Dell raid controller in them. This is the first time I have to buy a RAID controller separately and I don't have that much experience with them so I'm looking for recommendations.

So far my choice is the LSI MegaRAID 9361-8i: https://www.broadcom.com/products/storage/raid-controllers/megaraid-sas-9361-8i

thank you

LSI's cards are generally fine, I own a bunch of them. The 9361-8i reviews well so if it meets you requirements go for it. Just make sure you case is well ventilated as these cards tend to need high airflow, that or mount a 40mm fan to it.

I own a number of adaptec card I have been happy with all of them, even single slot 24 port native controllers 72405. If card dies just buy another Adaptec never had a RAID array not open on a different card.