Live collaborative documents on a local server?

y3llowduk

Hi All, I'm looking for a solution to be able to collaborate seamlessly like with Google Sheets (where you can see other users working live etc.), on workbooks and other documents, but without being reliant on cloud storage. I want to own all my own data. Does anyone know if 365 offers live collaboration of files stored locally/on a windows server? I've been downloading and uploading stuff from my google drive just to get around this problem which is extremely time consuming. Libre office/OpenOffice collaboration sucks. I don't want to invest in cloud storage early on and create any problematic reliance on it later down the line (small business).

Tia!

3770k @ 4.4Ghz @ hotter than the Sun

Be Quiet Shadow Rock 2

P8Z77-V

16GB Avexir Venom 2133

Strix 980 Ti with intel heatsink fans cable tied to it

Gamemax F15

Take a look here. Some worth mentions are CryptPad and Etherpad.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

17 minutes ago, igormp said:

Take a look here. Some worth mentions are CryptPad and Etherpad.

Some of these look great especially Collabora Office, seems their HQ is based only a few towns over from me in the UK! Didn't even know these existed.... thanks!

3770k @ 4.4Ghz @ hotter than the Sun

Be Quiet Shadow Rock 2

P8Z77-V

16GB Avexir Venom 2133

Strix 980 Ti with intel heatsink fans cable tied to it

Gamemax F15

9 hours ago, y3llowduk said:

Some of these look great especially Collabora Office, seems their HQ is based only a few towns over from me in the UK! Didn't even know these existed.... thanks!

Collabora Office works pretty well and is on par with most other web based options. It also integrates into nextcloud. If you need a self hosted cloud solution.