Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a ryzen 7 3800xt and the temps are spiking between 51-65. is that normal?

CPU.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sam F said:

I have a ryzen 7 3800xt and the temps are spiking between 51-65. is that normal?

CPU.PNG

A bit more information would be nice. Is this at idle? At load? Is it overclocked? What cooler are you using? What is the cooling configuration of your case like? 

AMD FX™ 6300 @ 3.50 GHz | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.7) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e (Android 10)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer is yes. On auto frequency is adjusting all the time an thus also voltage and temperature. On Ryzen, even more than before.

CPU: i7 9700K@5.3, 5.3, 5.2, 5.2, 5.1, 5.1, 5.1, 5.1

cache x47, AVX offset 0

Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel 2x8gb@4000, Default CL17, testing new timings

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3

Mon: Samsung C27HG70 27" 144Hz Freesync

GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition w/ G12 bracket

Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K

Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout

Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb

Cooling: CPU: Kraken X62 - GPU: Kraken X42 - both with Noctua NF-A14's

BIOS SETTINGS: https://www.overclock.net/threads/xtu-oc-help-on-i7-9700k.1773955/post-28649779

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

A bit more information would be nice. Is this at idle? At load? Is it overclocked? What cooler are you using? What is the cooling configuration of your case like? 

All auto at idle. I am using a Corsair H100i platinum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sam F said:

I have a ryzen 7 3800xt and the temps are spiking between 51-65. is that normal?

CPU.PNG

mine idles at 38-50c with a hyper 212 black edition and a very good airflow case. mine is also overclocked albe its at 1.35v so not very high. i suggest you take a look if your room temperature is okay. and if your cpu is indeed seeing high voltage spikes. mine did too at stock. i highly suggest overclocking it. even to something like i overclocked mine to on all cores which is 4.5 it can go higher of course but my cooling is worse than yours. keep that in mind.

 

just set 4.5 all core on 1.35v in the bios. boot up and see the temps. if they are simular or better than mine then you know that it was just the high voltages   

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 7 3800XT                                             (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)          |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 9:40 AM, hollyh88 said:

mine idles at 38-50c with a hyper 212 black edition and a very good airflow case. mine is also overclocked albe its at 1.35v so not very high. i suggest you take a look if your room temperature is okay. and if your cpu is indeed seeing high voltage spikes. mine did too at stock. i highly suggest overclocking it. even to something like i overclocked mine to on all cores which is 4.5 it can go higher of course but my cooling is worse than yours. keep that in mind.

 

just set 4.5 all core on 1.35v in the bios. boot up and see the temps. if they are simular or better than mine then you know that it was just the high voltages   

I do experience voltage spikes from .93v to 1.4

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 9:40 AM, hollyh88 said:

mine idles at 38-50c with a hyper 212 black edition and a very good airflow case. mine is also overclocked albe its at 1.35v so not very high. i suggest you take a look if your room temperature is okay. and if your cpu is indeed seeing high voltage spikes. mine did too at stock. i highly suggest overclocking it. even to something like i overclocked mine to on all cores which is 4.5 it can go higher of course but my cooling is worse than yours. keep that in mind.

 

just set 4.5 all core on 1.35v in the bios. boot up and see the temps. if they are simular or better than mine then you know that it was just the high voltages   

I have tried overclocking but I only have an option in bios to add voltage but I dont know what the stock voltage is. I have a b450 Aorus pro wifi. It also only allows me to add up to 0.3 volts which may not be enough if I running 4.5 at 1.35. Any ideas ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 3:20 PM, Sam F said:

I have tried overclocking but I only have an option in bios to add voltage but I dont know what the stock voltage is. I have a b450 Aorus pro wifi. It also only allows me to add up to 0.3 volts which may not be enough if I running 4.5 at 1.35. Any ideas ?

well apparently people have said that ocing ryzen 3000 at 1.35 or even anything above 1.3 is bad. 🤷‍♂️
and you have to do an manual or overrite mode. that lets you do it. yours should be able to do 4.3 at 1.2v no problem try that :) that really cuts down the temps and well still doesnt destroy your performance completely.

but to reply to your message i have mine running with pbo now. with basically its limits set to the max and it is idling around 49-55c so yeah with a shitty cooler just like mine it is normal. 

 

while having it on the 4.3 at 1.2v it idles around 35-40c so thats better ofc. i may update my cooler after all but that would be around the summer when its 28c ambient temp and not 16-19c orso :D

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             GeForce® RTX 2070 SUPER™ GAMING OC 3X 8G

ryzen 7 3800XT                                             (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
hyper 212 black edition cooler                  (cpu cooler)          |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |     (Memory)      HyperX Predator RGB 2x8 at 3200

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)          Razer deathadder elite

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×