Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some upgrade advice needed

Hello

Longtime lurker here looking for some graphics cards suggestions/advice.

I have an HTPC I'm upgrading, currently this is the configuration:

• AMD FX-6300 Black Edition
  • MSI 990FXA-GD80
  • 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
  • MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB Gaming X
  • Cooler Master V700  80 PLUS Gold PSU

I have got some parts over from upgrading another computer of mine so my new configuration will look like this:

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • ASUS Prime X370-PRO
  • 32 GB DDR4 3200Mhz
  • MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB Gaming X
  • Cooler Master V700  80 PLUS Gold PSU

I'm wondering if the RX 480 8GB will match the Ryzen 2600, also I considering upgrading it to a newer  RX 5600XT, RX 5700 or 5700XT if I can find one at a great price.

Mostly it will be used for casual gaming in games like PUBG, Fortnite, COD Warzone, BF5, CS:GO and GTA V but since my current TV is only 1080p 60hz I'm looking to improve the graphics quality but I would like a card that is able to do 4K but at lower quality if I get a new TV. 

I looking at AMD cards and hope that the RX 5600XT or 5700 non-XT will drop in price when the 6000-series are released.
Any inputs on which cards might be most suitable is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

The RX 580 is a great option. If you can get the 8gb model since you might be able to find it for not too much more money than the 4gb model

for the 5600xt and 5700xt, they are good options as well just keep in mind some 5600xt models are kinda jank and have really bad temps. This is also a problem with the 5700xt but not to the same extent. 

For the green team the GTX 1660 Super is not bad for $220ish and the RTX 2060 is not bad for $290-$300

The Ryzen 5 2600 should be able to handle all these gpus just fine :)

BTW: Since you said it's an HTPC so get a gpu that has a good cooler for your specific case.