Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Games Not Responding / Freezing

So I am having an issue that when I play a couple games (Super Mega Baseball and Ghost Recon Breakpoint) where my games freeze and gpu drops to 0% but come back anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute later and continues to happen as I try to play the games. It only happens on these two as of now, I have played Witcher 3, DOOM, and No Mans Sky with not a single issue. My brother and I have the same pc setup so we have tried switching out GPU, RAM, and PSU to no avail. I have run a memtest, checked the integrity of my hardrives and scanned my OS for issues with nothing coming up wrong with them. My temps are normal (both cpu and gpu are water cooled). I'm lost on what the problem could be and looking to see if anyone has a solution for this before I give up and build entirely new....again.  sigh

PC Specs:

Intel Core i9-9900k 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (1 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Hydro GFX GTX 1080 Ti Liquid Cooled Graphics Card

Corsair RM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Windows 10 (Water Cooled)

What are you using to monitor temperatures? On Intel, RealTemp is a simple, free software to measure that's accurate. You can also use a software like HWInfo64 to see if your VRMs are getting extremely hot or your voltages are dropping or something along those lines. Have you tried updating your BIOS?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What are you using to monitor temperatures? On Intel, RealTemp is a simple, free software to measure that's accurate. You can also use a software like HWInfo64 to see if your VRMs are getting extremely hot or your voltages are dropping or something along those lines. Have you tried updating your BIOS?

So my BIOS is updated to the newest, I am using MSI Afterburner to check temps because my card is a hybrid card made by Nvidia, Msi and Corsair. And I have not used HWInfo64 to check if my voltage is dropping though and will try that now

So after using HWInfo64 I have not noticed any extreme temps and have not noticed any drops in voltages at all. I also have not encountered a freeze yet and they seem to happen at random with nothing big happening in game