DisplayPort GPU Passthrough?

ybriK

I have an old Z87 setup + R9 290X lying around that I've been testing on and I have noticed that the GPU is being used to render Graphics Workload even though the Monitor isn't connected to it? The monitor is connected to the Motherboard's DisplayPort output, almost like the data is being passed from the GPU to the Motherboard's DisplayPort output. Is this a feature only on Windows 10? Is it only available for DisplayPort? Not sure if this works on any AMD setups? I don't have a HDMI Cable to plug into the Motherboard to test it with. Isn't this how Gaming Laptops generally operate?

GA-Z87X-UD3H

R9 290X

Windows 10 v2004

1.thumb.JPG.88a1506c9d5b263dcfb9c454134f9b96.JPG

Programs can have GPU acceleration.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

6 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Programs can have GPU acceleration.

Is there a way to change the way programs behave? I'm assuming somewhere in the AMD Control Panel?

Just now, ybriK said:

Is there a way to change the way programs behave? I'm assuming somewhere in the AMD Control Panel?

not in amd control panel, it would have to be in the program settings, if they allow you to turn it off to begin with.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming