Computer for school

Shavin

I'm a student studying 3D Modeling, Art and Animation and i was hoping you could help me on the type of PC/laptop ( NVidia card recommended) i should buy..
Should i get a laptop or a desktop? Which is better for 3D and animation

These are the System Requirements

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1809 or later
Processor 64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor with SSE4.2 instruction set
Memory 8 GB minimum, 16 GB or higher recommended
Graphics A GL4.0 compliant graphics card is required. GL3.3 cards will have missing features. Graphics card must support OpenCL version 1.2 or higher.
or
Maya Certified Hardware [PDF]
Storage 500GB SSD or higher
Monitor 1920 x 1080 or better
Internet Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.

Budget (including currency): 2500-3000 CAD

Software :- Autodesk Maya 

Thank you

Desktop for sure and a cheap little laptop if you need one at all. Used Thinkpad maybe.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Do you need wifi?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Desktop for sure and a cheap little laptop if you need one at all. Used Thinkpad maybe.

Why 3 monitors.. i was thinking just one 32 inch 4k , is that good enough?

Just now, Shavin said:

Why 3 monitors.. i was thinking just one 32 inch 4k one, is that good enough?

I said nothing about monitors lel.

All I said was that you should get a desktop and, if you need a portable computer, get a cheap laptop like a used Thinkpad.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Shavin said:

Why 3 monitors.. i was thinking just one 32 inch 4k , is that good enough?

thats his sig, not his reply lol.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

All I said was that you should get a desktop and, if you need a portable computer, get a cheap laptop like a used Thinkpad.

I think he was looking at your sig lol

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Under Specs it says

Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand 

I thought it was you my bad.

Thanks