Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has Anyone Had Issues with LG Warranty Service?

Hello long time no see.

Black Friday last year I had bought a LG 34" Ultrawide (34WL500) and have had to send it in for repair three times because of display issues.

First time was in June due to lines on the screen making it unusable. It was repaired and I received it back in July.

Next time was in Aug for a dim screen on the left side. Sent it in for repair, was not repaired and received it back almost a month ago or so with fresh plastic packaging around the display (not even a plastic on the actual screen like the first time) and that was it.

This last time I sent it back out the week after and recieved it last week. I went to open it back up, tested it before installing on my monitor stand, and it was the same thing as last time and it has gotten worse.

I go on their website and the current request (and the last one says) Appointment Confirmation (instead of Repair Complete (or something like that) like the original claim), my box has a new Repair OK sticker on it (I took the old ones off), and it list HDTech Solutions, Inc. as the Service Provider.

I plan on contacting LG in the morning (currently almost 1am where I am at in the US) via phone chat instead of email. My concern is that it takes about a month to receive it back and by the time I get it back the warranty will either be almost up or even gone by that point. I have literally not had a working ultrawide for a good chunk of the year (3 months including the first time so far) and it could potentially break again out of warranty and then I would either have to pay for the repair or be out of the money for the ultrawide. I should of bought the warranty but my last few monitors have not broken and since it is something that is not really portable I did not see the reason to buy a extended warranty.

This is the first time owning a LG monitor (previously had/currently own(ed) Dell, Asus, and Samsung monitors) and I am being rubbed the wrong way about this (my mom has owned a LG TV in her living room for the past 10 years and it still works fine). What are y'alls thoughts on this?

Pictures below:

Spoiler

IMG_1187.jpg

Spoiler

5C933BCE-FC1B-4F49-A0FC-E62C0497F712.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_0924.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0923.jpg

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-7700K  | Mobo: MSI C236A Workstation | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 256 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Scorpio Blue 320 GB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 10 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Kingston 256GB SSD, 2x Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Corsair Carbide 88R mATX | PSU: Corsair CX500 | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows 10 Pro x64

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: 256 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 7 128GB Jet Black  | Tablet: iPad Mini 4 128GB LTE and a Surface Go 128GB with 8GB of RAM | Media Box: Apple TV 64GB | Amazon Echo Spot | TV: Some 42" JVC 1080p (this has a good image 6 years later) | Backpack: Some SwissGear Laptop Bag | Camera: GoPro Hero 5 with a Rode Mic | Zoom H1n | Blue Snowball |