Laptop Overclock Linux

Ataxion

I want to overclock my linux laptop and before you say that laptops are not meant to overclock this laptop I tested and ran a stress test for over 20 minutes at 100% cpu utilization the cpu didn't go below base clock and temps stayed below 80c so I want to squeeze as much performance as possible so probably the highest clock it can go without throttling at 100% cpu utlitization. So after reading all this I am going to ask my question how can I do so with an app or through the terminal?

Some guy interested in tech

then do it... seems like you already tested it to make sure there is headroom. But I would run a test for >1 hour using aida64 AND firestrike to do a combined test. 

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

then do it... seems like you already tested it to make sure there is headroom. But I would run a test for >1 hour using aida64 AND firestrike to do a combined test. 

Oh sorry I forgot to ask the question my actual question was how to do the overclock

27 minutes ago, Ataxion said:

Oh sorry I forgot to ask the question my actual question was how to do the overclock

Most laptops cannot. Generally BIOS overclocking is what is used in Linux.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

2 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Most laptops cannot. Generally BIOS overclocking is what is used in Linux.

In the video about the graphics card amd wouldnt sell linus overcloked the graphics card using an app isnt there an app like that but for cpu overclocking