Monitor problem

bensinspade

I have recently discovered strange "rays/waves" in my monitor Asus vg248qe, i have no idea of what it could be.

20201020_163155.jpg

does your monitor have warranty?

and also does it do the same way with any other input source or with any other PC??

1 minute ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

does your monitor have warranty?

and also does it do the same way with any other input source or with any other PC??

No Warranty left

Yes i´ve tried with HDMI to PC and HDMI to XBOX, sadly same results

could this might be some kind of moisture damage or where the screen delaminate?

22 minutes ago, bensinspade said:

I have recently discovered strange "rays/waves" in my monitor Asus vg248qe, i have no idea of what it could be.

20201020_163155.jpg

Looks like something caused by the lit panel.
Still under warranty?

4 minutes ago, Harshvardhan said:

Looks like something caused by the lit panel.
Still under warranty?

sadly not, bought this in 2013 so.. waiting for black friday, any advice on good gaming monitor?

3 minutes ago, bensinspade said:

sadly not, bought this in 2013 so.. waiting for black friday, any advice on good gaming monitor?

BenQ Esports monitors are pretty nice. 60 hertz and 1ms response time. They are not expensive too.

6 minutes ago, bensinspade said:

what's your budget and Monitor requirements?

52 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

what's your budget and Monitor requirements?

at lease 144hz, no idea of what kind of panel i would want, ive heard that IPS is pretty good and have accurate colors. My budget is around 3000sek i guess that about $340

14 hours ago, bensinspade said:

at lease 144hz, no idea of what kind of panel i would want, ive heard that IPS is pretty good and have accurate colors. My budget is around 3000sek i guess that about $340

Ok i will give u the best according to your budget 

On 10/20/2020 at 6:43 PM, bensinspade said:

20201020_163155.jpg

that looks like a giant finger print. 

It could be that the the pannel is aging the because of that there is no optimal viewing angle for that part of it? probably not that. 

But if you baught it in 2013 I think you should treat yourself to a new monitor, if you want I can even reccomend some, just say what you want 

1 hour ago, Elad.Evron said:

that looks like a giant finger print. 

It could be that the the pannel is aging the because of that there is no optimal viewing angle for that part of it? probably not that. 

But if you baught it in 2013 I think you should treat yourself to a new monitor, if you want I can even reccomend some, just say what you want 

yes please, that would be nice 😃

1 hour ago, bensinspade said:

yes please, that would be nice 😃

What size do you want and what is your budget? 

14 hours ago, bensinspade said:

I have a GTX 1070, will 1440p work or will it be laggy?

If you play games that dont require much performance then 1070 will do but if you have to game extensively then no

38 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

If you play games that dont require much performance then 1070 will do but if you have to game extensively then no

i play most of the time COD:MW and bf5, but you can downscale the resolution in cod. Im wondering if thats a bad idea when the screen is 27" 1440p? will the screen be "stretched"?

5 hours ago, bensinspade said:

i play most of the time COD:MW and bf5, but you can downscale the resolution in cod. Im wondering if thats a bad idea when the screen is 27" 1440p? will the screen be "stretched"?

If this is the case then you can play 1080p games on 1440p monitor or upgrade to a better tier GPU like 1080ti

i think i can manage with the first option 😃 i think im gonna give the monitor you suggested a try, i watched a few reviews and the base seems pretty woobly but easy replaced by VESA stand 😃