Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I bought a laptop a long time ago and I decided to replace its original windows 10 OS with Zorin OS, a Ubuntu based distro. I have dual boot Ubuntu on my desktop, so I know the basics of how to install OS. However, after it says it installed my Dell doesn't boot into it, or even say it exists. In the installer it says where its going, and it looks right, so I'm asking here for what the problem might be. The Dell is lacking a lot, with only 2 gb of ram and a 32 gig emmc drive, but I thought that'd be perfect for a lite Linux distro. Any ideas?

Ok, I'll try it tomorrow and see what happens. I'm also gonna try using different bootable software (i used Balena Etcher before) and see if that changes anything

Edit: I noticed after trying to re-install Zorin that Linux detects that zorin is on the drive, but the bios doesn't. Now I'm not sure if its a bios or linux problem.

25 minutes ago, Geruiem said:

Hi! I bought a laptop a long time ago and I decided to replace its original windows 10 OS with Zorin OS, a Ubuntu based distro. I have dual boot Ubuntu on my desktop, so I know the basics of how to install OS. However, after it says it installed my Dell doesn't boot into it, or even say it exists. In the installer it says where its going, and it looks right, so I'm asking here for what the problem might be. The Dell is lacking a lot, with only 2 gb of ram and a 32 gig emmc drive, but I thought that'd be perfect for a lite Linux distro. Any ideas?

Did you disable secure boot? I've installed Zorin before and it works with UEFI, but some distros require secure boot to be disabled to run.

8 hours ago, Naijin said:

Did you disable secure boot? I've installed Zorin before and it works with UEFI, but some distros require secure boot to be disabled to run.

I'll try it. It just surprises me how the computer doesn't know how to boot up to  it but Zorin clearly sees that it exists on the drive. Now I'm thinking it might be a bios problem, but I'm still not sure about it. I do happen to have secure boot off.