Windows and Ubuntu Dual Boot

Is there a way I can dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 10 from a external secondary hard drive on a UEFI system and using Windows's bootloader instead of Grub2. 

no if you want to dual boot with ubuntu you have stick with grub because windows bootloader doesn't work with ubuntu

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

What's wrong with grub? It'll just chain load the Windows boot manager when you select that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

If it's USB, sure. Just put that menu item higher up in your boot order. Then when the drive is plugged in your system will boot from it, when not it'll boot from the internal drive with ubuntu on it. I'm not sure what your current boot order is, but I'd bet it already tries to boot from external media like USB or CD before it tries internal discs anyway.

This kind of thing isn't done much by Linux/Windows dual booters, but macOS/Windows dual booters do it all the time. It's very common to have a big USB drive for your windows install + games that you only have plugged when you actually intend to boot from/use windows.