Sata 3 to USB 3.1 without power connector

MartinIAm
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
1 minute ago, MartinIAm said:

I'm hooking it up to a device that doesn't have any sata ports. I'm turning on the power supply without a computer.

Ok so then just get a hdd dock? No need for all this weird stuff when you can get a 2 drive hdd dock on amazon for like 12€.

I have a 3.5" hard drive and I want to plug it into a USB port. I can use a sata power connector from my power supply to power the drive. I already have an adapter for this, but it has a SATA connector and unless I sacrifice it I don't think it'll work. Are there any cheap Sata iii to USB 3.1 adapters without the sata power or any other similar alternatives?

I have a 3.5" hard drive and I want to plug it into a USB port. I can use a sata power connector from my power supply to power the drive. I already have an adapter for this, but it has a SATA connector and unless I sacrifice it I don't think it'll work. Are there any cheap Sata iii to USB 3.1 adapters without the sata power or any other similar alternatives?

Just get a 3.5inch external hdd enclosure or why not just connect it to a sata port on your motherboard if you already have sata power available?

Just now, jaslion said:

Just get a 3.5inch external hdd enclosure or why not just connect it to a sata port on your motherboard if you already have sata power available?

I'm hooking it up to a device that doesn't have any sata ports. I'm turning on the power supply without a computer.

Ok so then just get a hdd dock? No need for all this weird stuff when you can get a 2 drive hdd dock on amazon for like 12€.