Recent Fps loss

Crazysloth

Recently got a RTX ASUS TUF 3080 on October 4th Did a bunch of game testing
Was getting 130-120 fps on Warzone, Grand theft auto 5, No mans sky, Red dead 2 
After about week I'm getting dips into the 80-90s. Especially in Gta 5 Story mode sometimes even dipping below 60
The first system alterations I made before the dips were in Nvida control panel settings. I also noticed that my system power setting was set to balanced mode, and changed it to performance
After that I messed with MSi overclocking with voltage locked, I also ran The OC scanner which became unresponsive and forced to exit a couple times. Ryzen Master Cpu overclocking to *game mode*

I was still getting around 120-130. A day or so later I installed the newest 2004 windows update and I started noticing the dips in my fps on hard hitting games. Things like Apex Legends I'm still hitting 144 the max refresh rate of my 2k monitor.
After I noticed the dips I first thought It might have been my new Nvme I had installed into the second slot and maybe was taking up the bus 
I removed it and still saw the same fps dips so I just put it back in. 
I then I re-seated my Gpu checked the power pins, re-seated and reapplied thermal paste to my Cpu Then updated the bios. Safe mode clean uninstalled/reinstall latest video drivers
I ran Kombustor and Userbenchmark before the dips and my gpu is getting very similar scores as before
I'm assuming the new gpu isn't failing. My Gpu is rarely hitting 70c and my Cpu normally isn't getting above 65c.
Its just super frustrating to see 30-40 fps loss that I cant explain and am left wondering If the card was damaged at some point
with all my fiddling or a setting I changed in Nvida control panel had such a drastic effect on in game frames.

Rtx Asus Tuf 3080
Amd Ryzen 7 2700x 
16G Ram G.skill Ripjaw V 3200
Asus x470 F Gaming Rog Strix Moba
Samsung 970 Pro Nvme

750 W Power supply
1t Pny Cs900 
Pny CS2130 2tb Nvme second slot.