BSOD after trying to repair windows from Media creation tool

Mahir Istehad

Hello,

So my laptop HDD crashed unexpectedly and then stopped working. Went into the bios and saw the HDD on sata port but saying 0Gb instead of 1TB. I got myself a Windows Media creation tool of windows 10 and ran it. As I entered to troubleshoot it I got a BSOD. And am stuck on this screen. Is the USB stick corrupted?IMG_20201017_000241.thumb.jpg.42b056cf51b0be32c658cdeaaeac5825.jpg

It is an Asus X407U with an i3-6006U and 4gbs of Ram. Bought it about an year ago with windows preinstalled.

3 minutes ago, Mahir Istehad said:

Hello,

So my laptop HDD crashed unexpectedly and then stopped working. Went into the bios and saw the HDD on sata port but saying 0Gb instead of 1TB. I got myself a Windows Media creation tool of windows 10 and ran it. As I entered to troubleshoot it I got a BSOD. And am stuck on this screen. Is the USB stick corrupted?

It is an Asus X407U with an i3-6006U and 4gbs of Ram. Bought it about an year ago with windows preinstalled.

Make sure the version of Windows on the recovery drive is the same as the one you are trying to recover - it shouldn't matter for BCD/boot repair, but just to be sure.

Alternatively, use a tool like "Rufus" to burn a Windows 10 ISO to the USB stick. If you need a direct link to a Windows 10 ISO, I can generate one that's valid for 24hrs. Just let me know which version of W10 you need (1903, 1909, 2004 etc).

Then try the steps here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/error-code-0xc0000098/0ceb1795-e57b-41b2-9782-cfebea11058c

5 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Make sure the version of Windows on the recovery drive is the same as the one you are trying to recover - it shouldn't matter for BCD/boot repair, but just to be sure.

Alternatively, use a tool like "Rufus" to burn a Windows 10 ISO to the USB stick. If you need a direct link to a Windows 10 ISO, I can generate one that's valid for 24hrs. Just let me know which version of W10 you need (1903, 1909, 2004 etc).

Then try the steps here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/error-code-0xc0000098/0ceb1795-e57b-41b2-9782-cfebea11058c

But why is it that now I can't enter the tool anymore like I have backups and could install it fresh. Why is it not letting me anymore?

1 minute ago, Mahir Istehad said:

But why is it that now I can't enter the tool anymore like I have backups and could install it fresh. Why is it not letting me anymore?

Maybe verify the USB stick in another PC if you can or even a different USB port? Maybe it's also faulty? More likely that you just need to re-create the USB recovery install.

Just now, TehDwonz said:

Maybe verify the USB stick in another PC if you can or even a different USB port? Maybe it's also faulty? More likely that you just need to re-create the USB recovery install.

Imma make the creation tool again and let you know.