Repasting things to know?

LeDetructor

Im gonna repaste my 1070 because of the 85 degrees its running at and 60 at idle.Ive heard to use some kind of special cloth.Is it because i will accidentally pull of the small thingys around the gpu die?and can i use the brush the clear the paste on the small thingys

Brush on the bottom right:https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fshopee.com.my%2FArctic-MX-4-High-Performance-Thermal-Paste-Compound-Grease-CPU-GPU-Heatsink-Cooler-Cooling-4g-i.29739833.2763199250&psig=AOvVaw3lIehqTHV_wieObpTXb-83&ust=1602842176694000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPjn0MmqtuwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

Do not use hard plastic bristles to clean the GPU Die or area around it. They might easily scratch things.
Use a cloth, Q-tip or anything else soft. Just make sure you don't rip off the small things around the Die.

Wash the die with an alcohol cloth so it doesn't get ruined and to make sure you put enough re-apply the cooling solution and check if it is enough.

Is there anything that can reduce the risks of ripping off the small things ?

Also whats the use for the  brush then?

25 minutes ago, LeDetructor said:

Is there anything that can reduce the risks of ripping off the small things ?

Also whats the use for the  brush then?

Random addon cheap stuff. Normally the paste does not come without any of those basically worthless addon things.

What you need is some isopropyl alcohol, a cloth or paper towels and patience. When reapplying the paste smooth it out a bit with a bit of plastic or something so it's at least fully covered as those coolers don't have great mounting pressure and may leave gaps. It's always better to use to much than too little in terms of thermalpaste.