Bluetooth 5.0

canastasiou6

I have a usb Bluetooth 4.2 or earlier dongle and I use it to connect my ps4 controller when gaming and sometimes my 5.0 compatible earbuds. I am thinking about investing into a wifi6 + bluetooth 5.0 module because when I connect both devices listed above and use them simultaneously the inputlag of the controller is increases dramatically. I could just connect the controller with usb but it becames extremely unstable when playing some games and using Bluetooth is much cleaner and easier due to no wires etc. Will the input lag get eliminated with a BT5.0 card?

10 hours ago, canastasiou6 said:

I have a usb Bluetooth 4.2 or earlier dongle and I use it to connect my ps4 controller when gaming and sometimes my 5.0 compatible earbuds. I am thinking about investing into a wifi6 + bluetooth 5.0 module because when I connect both devices listed above and use them simultaneously the inputlag of the controller is increases dramatically. I could just connect the controller with usb but it becames extremely unstable when playing some games and using Bluetooth is much cleaner and easier due to no wires etc. Will the input lag get eliminated with a BT5.0 card?

The Intel AX200 WiFi adapter will provide you with Bluetooth 5 and WiFi 6.

Any Bluetooth adapter should be easily able to maintain at least 2 simultaneous connections. That being said, BT works best at short distances (so make sure that the antennae are within line-of-sight of your client devices) and with little/no wireless interference.

So don’t expect antennae/adapters mounted at the rear of your computer to function as well as those mounted at the front. I learned this with my SFF PC; used USB extensions (male-to-female) to get the USB dongles facing the controllers.

Furthermore, any 2.4GHz wireless activity can slow down Bluetooth. If you’re not using anything on 2.4GHz WiFi, just turn off the antennae at the wireless router... or at least limit its power output.