HELP

Dayday1807

PLEASE HELP

Hi guys I have been experiencing terrible FPS Drops recently. I have just built my PC and the specs are:

CPU: Intel i5 8400

GPU: RTX 2060 

Ram: oloy 2x8gb 3000

PSU: Corsair 650 watt

HARD DRIVE: Seagate barracuda 

CPU COOLER: cooler master hyper 12 RGB

I Play a lots of modern warfare Warzone, And this is where I am experiencing the most issues.

please help!

Warzone is a huge game bud. If you have it installed on a Hard Drive, that'll likely be your bottleneck with that setup. I would suggest getting a SSD and installing it on there. See the video below demonstrating HDD vs SSD perf on Warzone.

CPU: AMD 5800X                                            RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB (3200MHz)                                                OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit                                         

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC           Storage: WD SN750 1TB + Samsung 860 Evo 500GB + 2TB Seagate HDD         Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow                                       

MOBO: MSI X570 Tomahawk (Wi-Fi)              PSU: Corsair RM 850x                                                                                             CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black        

Mouse: Corsair M55                                        Keyboard: Corsair K55                                                                                            Headset: HyperX Cloud II                                           

7 minutes ago, Jetrise said:

Warzone is a huge game bud. If you have it installed on a Hard Drive, that'll likely be your bottleneck with that setup. I would suggest getting a SSD and installing it on there. See the video below demonstrating HDD vs SSD perf on Warzone.

I do not think that is the issue do to the fact that my friend plays on the same hard drive as me and has no issue

Man Warzone, why you got to be so damn big. I was stupid and paid for the full game and have regretted it ever since. I've uninstalled it in protest because I have no option to remove the SP portion or the MP parts I don't play.

Can't comment on if it would cause a dip though, pretty sure I ran it on both my SSD and my RAID 0 HDDs without issue.

@Dayday1807 Are you monitoring your system while the dips are happening? Do you see a spike in CPU usage? A drop in GPU usage or any other random activity? Do you have a third party antivirus installed that might be working in the background while playing?

How are your temps? 

2 minutes ago, Dayday1807 said:

I do not think that is the issue do to the fact that my friend plays on the same hard drive as me and has no issue

That's entirely dependant on your friends PC. Is their OS on an SSD, but Warzone on a HDD? That would make a huge difference. 

My suggestion would be to open up task manager, or get a third party software like Speccy, and when you get a lag spike in-game, look back at either TM or Speccy and see what capped out. I'm betting it is your HDD. Also, what is the RPM of your HDD?

CPU: AMD 5800X                                            RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB (3200MHz)                                                OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit                                         

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC           Storage: WD SN750 1TB + Samsung 860 Evo 500GB + 2TB Seagate HDD         Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow                                       

MOBO: MSI X570 Tomahawk (Wi-Fi)              PSU: Corsair RM 850x                                                                                             CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black        

Mouse: Corsair M55                                        Keyboard: Corsair K55                                                                                            Headset: HyperX Cloud II                                           

I do not know what my RPM of my hard drive is it is a seagate barracuda 2tb.

He only runs through hard drive

4 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

@Dayday1807 Are you monitoring your system while the dips are happening? Do you see a spike in CPU usage? A drop in GPU usage or any other random activity? Do you have a third party antivirus installed that might be working in the background while playing?

How are your temps? 

I will check, My gpu temp is around 63

as far as antivirus just the ones that come with windows 10

1 minute ago, Dayday1807 said:

I do not know what my RPM of my hard drive is it is a seagate barracuda 2tb.

He only runs through hard drive

Okay. I would do what I suggested. Run either Task Manager or Speccy in the background, and when you get a lag spike, see what happened on speccy or TM. If you see a spike on your hard disk, then that'll be it. 

What will it look like I am not to familiar with speccy and task manager 

2 minutes ago, Dayday1807 said:

What will it look like I am not to familiar with speccy and task manager 

https://gyazo.com/5030424a5f9b27da7ee8c764b820235c

4 minutes ago, Dayday1807 said:

Bro I’m an idiot my cpu at 98 c

Interesting, my bet was wrong. That's certainly thermal throttling territory. Do you use a stock cooler for your CPU? It may be worth investing in something newer. Also, how long have you had your CPU for? It may also be worth getting some thermal paste.