Is this weird??

Real_nimr0d_3

So this is my assignment (Read the whole thing pls) 

Your Memoir

Write a short memoir (400-500 words) about an important time in your life. You may write more than 500 words if you like. This assignment is submitted to DROPBOX, on the tool bar at the top. This is a confidential assignment.

Any moment will do. Think of a time or an event that’s unusually vivid in your memory: your first day at summer camp, an academic graduation, your first day on the job or at college or university, an athletic contest, the birth of a child, a moment of humiliation or pride or profound sadness.

Do some preliminary thinking about your memoir. Think of the city or town where you lived as a child. To nudge your memory, generate a list of names associated with that place, such as street names, geographical features: rivers, meadows, farms, parks. Include the names of stores, restaurants, public buildings. 

Generate as much detail as you can. You could pick an important time in your youth.  Think about the house, your bedroom and your family of that time.  Think about the school you went to: picture the school yard, the classrooms: what they looked like, what they smelled like and what they sounded like.

After you’ve done some thinking about a significant place where you grew up, see if you have any memorabilia from that time: letters, postcards, photographs, yearbooks, ticket stubs.

Talk to people who have a perspective on this important moment: family members, friends, for example.

In your writing, aim to "show" not just "tell" to give the reader a clear idea of your important moment. Use sensory and figurative language to add emphasis and strength to your writing.

Is it weird or wrong if I write about my first computer built?? because i know i will be able to write that thing with no problems and completely geek out on it.

Thanks

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

I do not think that it would depending on what class this is for ( i am guessing English )

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Just do it...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

No not weird, it is a good memory you have. And it is confidential so whoever you are turning this into won't think you are weird :P

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

A moment that you remember vividly....

Embellish your paper. 

"The glistening freshly built computer smelled of sweat and blood..."

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

It's hardly weird. But I'd write about something more eventful if there is one.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Well too many sad people in this world would find this weird and laugh I guess.

Edit: Didn't read the "confidential" part, sorry. Yeah just go for it then.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

EpicGeekonFire, on 09 Mar 2014 - 8:59 PM, said:

It might hurt his GPA if they are like, that doesnt count :P

Didn't think of that. Used to my school. ^_^

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Thanks all for your opinion, I'll just go with it.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.