How to upgrade the moherboard?

Hey guys

I've just bought an i3-10100, ASRock H410M-HDV, and 16GB of Dual Channel DDR4 @2666Mhz

My current system has an i5-4460, Gigabyte G1 MB, and 16GB of DDR3.

How do I go about changing the components? Is it straight forward or would I need to do something else before changing them?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Just now, Bamzu said:

Hey guys

I've just bought an i3-10100, ASRock H410M-HDV, and 16GB of Dual Channel DDR4 @2666Mhz

My current system has an i5-4460, Gigabyte G1 MB, and 16GB of DDR3.

How do I go about changing the components? Is it straight forward or would I need to do something else before changing them?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

You don't have to do anything software-wise, except maybe take a back up of data just in case,and keep a windows fresh install ready just in case windows crashes or doesnt recognize your new parts, other than that its pretty straightforward, and just make sure to update all drivers once the upgrade is done :) 

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

5 minutes ago, CouRageRC said:

You don't have to do anything software-wise, except maybe take a back up of data just in case,and keep a windows fresh install ready just in case windows crashes or doesnt recognize your new parts, other than that its pretty straightforward, and just make sure to update all drivers once the upgrade is done :) 

Thank you! I'll be keeping that in mind!

4 minutes ago, Bamzu said:

Thank you! I'll be keeping that in mind!

You're welcome! :) 

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560