Games on Lenovo E470

Hello world (hahaha, I couldn't resist writing this on my first message)

I'm sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm not a native speaker and I don't know much of IT either. I'm a highschool student enjoying some gaming and considering IT as a career.

Recently I downloaded Genshin Impact on both of my devices, my laptop and my phone. I haven't played on the laptop for a while (Like 2 months or so) since I mostly play on moile, but it was capable to play Fallout 3, Saints Row The Third, other of my brother's steam games and Legends of Runaterra with no problems. It was my brother's old laptop but seemed capable to play many games on LOW graphics. Specially (probably) since he incrased the RAM from 12 GB to 24 GB.

Well, long story short: Genshin Impact played great for around 1 minute and then it suddenly crashed. I tried with fans and air conditioning but it didn't seem to work. I surrendered and uninstalled it. Today I wanted to play Legends of Runaterra (which I could play perfectly last time I used my PC) and it crashed after around 3 minutes just like Genshin Impact. Probably a windows update messed something up, it happened before. My previous PC had a similar issue which my brother solved by reinstalling windows. This time it is very different. Before it wouldnt let me open any 3D game saying that some DLLs were missing, now games crash after a few minutes. 

I took some screenshots of my system, since it is from Latin America and might be different. I've always had Lenovo Thinkpad laptops since my uncle works for Lenovo and is giving my brother a laptop once in a while. My previous laptop was a Lenovo Thinkpad E440 and my first laptop as well. Which presented a similar issue but not crashing, but straight not opening.

Any idea of what might be happening and solutions?

image.png.48cfef7ab99aadbbf7ec948cace9deb9.png

image.png.24b0ed454f2c955e66a59f334e5ffb75.png

Have you checked for updated drivers using Lenovo's Vantage app?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

43 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Have you checked for updated drivers using Lenovo's Vantage app?

Thankyou for your answer ^^

I get a BIOS update, and 3 optional additional updates.

image.png.1ea69e540e679cd5e90c5fa1b1843582.png

While for what's already updated I get this:

image.png.dd37208c023340f8619ba0f9a5bbca70.png

But I got those even before the laptop started failing :(

Definitely grab the BIOS update first, then the other updates there after the BIOS update does its thing. Then check on Windows Update, maybe?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Definitely grab the BIOS update first, then the other updates there after the BIOS update does its thing. Then check on Windows Update, maybe?

I just updated the BIOS and all the suggestions

image.png.e8b08e4602e20679ac6de5b8726e9633.png

Now I find that windows is working weird, It doesn't allow me to type while I search for things.

Windows Update is also telling me that it's all working fine

image.png.80e9c33b92d84e025369de5e43990ed9.png

I had issues with Lenovo updates in the past and I'm afraid it's happening again :(