Linux through USB heating

Hej !

So i have a laptop running on Windows and every now and then I plug in a USB Linux OS. When I go on windows the laptop doesn't seem to heat that much if i'm only using it for writting or internet, but doing the same on the Linux instalation the laptop heat us much as if I was playing games.

My question, is it related to my Linux instalation, so a software problem, or is it because I use an operating system through a USB port ?

I'm on Archlinux using Budgie, what else do you need to know ?

Laptop: CPU: i5-7300HQ, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1050 GTX

Linux doesn't work directly with laptop manufactures in the same way that windows would, so there are some additional configurations that you may need to do.

There are two things that I would assume are happening:

1. Linux has issues with multi-gpu's in laptops where you use one GPU for the desktop and the other for games. So you may need to check if Linux is using your 1050 for things like compositing the desktop, when it could be using a more power efficient integrated one.
  2. Linux and battery is a famous issue because linux may treat your computer like a desktop, running your CPU and GPU as fast as possible. I don't know how to specifically fix things like that, but https://wiki.archlinux.org/ is sure to help.

I could also be wrong, but I hoped this helped.

(I doubt that it is because of the USB stick, although maybe your USB could get hot if you're using the drive a lot)

-> Moved to Linux, macOS and Everything Not-Windows

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv