Help first REAL build

Musicdvie

Heyyy, 

It´s my first time on here and first time making a real pc not the old crappy ones we took apart in HIGHSCHOOL.

This will be used for intense modelling/rendering and music production and perhaps live music performance.

Here´s the list of parts and I have some questions and concerns if anyone can voice their thoughts I´d super appreciate it!!

GAMEMAX VP-600-M-RGB power supply

GTX 1080ti 11GB

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (450 Chipset)

XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz (570) 2x16gb dimms

Silicon Power 512GB SSD 3D NAND

Seagate Barracuda 8TB SATA 6Gb/s

So first issue - the ram mem says 570 chipset required, does anyone know if it works on the 450 chipset????

Second, I wasn´t sure Initially I wanted to put a RTX 2080ti but i´m not sure the processor will be able to handle that much throughput/bottleneck.

Third, I am tempted to buy a GTX 1080Ti for $450cdn off kijiji anyone have any experience with second hand GPU´s??

as for the case I am no worried about it and perhaps i´ll just 3d print something minimalistic.

Thank you in advanced!!!

Total noob in this particular scene but excited to learn ;)

570 and b450 supposed to support new processors. Also don't get 8tb of useless rom, and upgrade ryzen to upcoming ryzen Zen 3 that arrives in less than a month. 1080ti is good but prefer a 3070 also arrives soon. Now if you can, find a b550 instead of b450. 

If you have any $$ left, get a decent PSU instead of the no-namer

13 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

He needs to dedicate more money to a decent PSU from a recognizable brand.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER skimp on the PSU. You don't need a crazy 1000W PSU, but you don't want something super cheap and sketchy from "moon beam power ultra maxx", because if it decides to die there is a very good chance it will kill everything connected to it.

The other stuff I can't really comment on. Just don't skimp on the PSU. Spend a little more money on it an get something from a good brand like Corsair, Seasonic, EVGA, etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wait for rtx 3070, and i concur with others on getting a better psu. If you need to build now, get a cheaper gpu and upgrade the cpu to a ryzen 7 part. then when 3070 launches, sell the cheaper gpu and buy a 3070. 

4 hours ago, SkenderTV said:

ryzen 7

Not that much on ryzen 7, but for sure the Zen 3...  The 2600 is a 2 generations old now

So far the changes i´ll implement are getting rid of the power suplpy yeah you guys are right 

8 hours ago, PeachGr said:

I will get the EVGA 700 GD, 80+ Gold 700W instead.

I´m still thinking to leave the 2600x as its pretty efficient for what i need with enough cores/threads compared to my laptop specifically for Revit, Navisworks and Enscape. In the future if I am missing performance from the CPU then I can just upgrade it to 3rd gen and Zen 3.

1 hour ago, PeachGr said:

Not that much on ryzen 7, but for sure the Zen 3...  The 2600 is a 2 generations old now

As for graphics honestly i´m strapped for cash as I was stuck in Colombia for 8 months due to covid, and i´m getting the 1080Ti for $450 cdn so i´m happy with that.

Thanks to everyone that contributed I really appreciate all your input and experiene.

Edited by Musicdvie

11 hours ago, Archer_Legend said:

from my psu knowledge if i had 70 bucks on a psu i would not buy that at all. It has a bad quality overall build and could end up killing your build, look for a sharkoon wpc or a solid evga power supply

EVGA has some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. Their only equivalents are Noctua, and iFixit; in my experience.

Spoiler

Noctua: Sent me free mounting hardware when switching from AMD to Intel.

iFixit: Sent me a free screwdriver set because my original was wearing out (the bearing was shot) and they didn't make the silver handled driver anymore.

EVGA: I've had to RMA two things, but not because of EVGA. First time was my GTX 660 FTW card was having trouble (turned out to be the power supply. Not bad, just not up to EVGA's spec's for that specific card.). I had sent them the old card, they sent a brand new card, same model. But still, it got to my house quick.

Second time was the upgrade from the 1080 to the 1080ti. They had someone responding to emails at 7pm-9pm EST on a Saturday.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hey @Archer_Legend that is some awesome and very specific advice thank you these little details give a huge value to my system and this community, thank you as well!