R9 290 - Which manufacturer should I go for?

one thing you can do to avoid permanently adding heatsinks with thermal paste (it hardens and actually adheres the heatsinks) is to get a piece of copper, use a dremel to get it to be the right shape, use the existing screw holes on the card, and then secure the heatsinks with that, and thermal pad underneath. it'll take another 20 dollars or so and a dremel, but it makes it much easier to go back to stock if you ever plan on doing so. I'm going to do this with my 7970 when the copper sampler from amazon gets here. (15 dollars)

I was thinking this as well but I'd have to take a closer look with the mounting screws that come with the g10. In the meantime, I'm planning to just give it clear access from the front intakes to the VRAM or maybe not to overclock my GPU memory at all.

I was thinking this as well but I'd have to take a closer look with the mounting screws that come with the g10. In the meantime, I'm planning to just give it clear access from the front intakes to the VRAM or maybe not to overclock my GPU memory at all.

I was talking about for the power phases. for the memory it might be a bit more difficult.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I was talking about for the power phases. for the memory it might be a bit more difficult.

Oh that, the Kraken g10 comes with a small fan (80mm? 92mm?) that cools the power phases so I'm not as worried about it

Oh that, the Kraken g10 comes with a small fan (80mm? 92mm?) that cools the power phases so I'm not as worried about it

I have a g10 on my 7970 right now. anything higher than 1.2 volts and the fan just doesn't cut it. don't rely on the fan alone if you're OC'ing at all.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I have a g10 on my 7970 right now. anything higher than 1.2 volts and the fan just doesn't cut it. don't rely on the fan alone if you're OC'ing at all.

Get a nice 80mm fan? Or would it still just not be able to provide the cooling? 

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Get a nice 80mm fan? Or would it still just not be able to provide the cooling? 

I have the 92mm fan that came with it. I'm sure any other fan would be able to push as much air at 3500rpm, it's just a question of how quiet it would be.

I don't think the solution is a better fan. that's why I'm gonna ghetto rig a mount for some heatsinks.

Daily Driver: