Weird WiFi problem

FrozenPhoenix

After connecting to my wi fi network i get full speed (around40Mbit) and there are no problems, but after 2-3 minutes the speed drops down to 18 to 20 Mbit.

This only happens on my laptop my phone get the full speed. Can anyone help me ?

This might sound unrelated, but what are your system temps? Are they increasing over that time?

I'm using a USB Wi-Fi dongle with my desktop right now, and I've found that when it gets hot it starts having problems. I'm thinking yours might have a similar problem.

12 hours ago, fordy_rounds said:

This might sound unrelated, but what are your system temps? Are they increasing over that time?

I'm using a USB Wi-Fi dongle with my desktop right now, and I've found that when it gets hot it starts having problems. I'm thinking yours might have a similar problem.

I think you usb dongle is not getting enough power, but i dont think thats the problem for me.

@FrozenPhoenix i can think of 2 things that would do that.

A) load balancing when more than 1 device is connected

B) congestion down the line

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch

On 9/28/2020 at 6:25 PM, FrozenPhoenix said:

After connecting to my wi fi network i get full speed (around40Mbit) and there are no problems, but after 2-3 minutes the speed drops down to 18 to 20 Mbit.

This only happens on my laptop my phone get the full speed. Can anyone help me ?

Please supply more information:

1. What is the make/model of the wireless router? What about the make/model of the laptop’s wireless adapter?
  2. How far are you from the wireless signal source? Are there intervening walls or floors?
  3. Please run a wireless survey using WiFi Analyzer and post screenshots of the Networks and Analyze pages (include 2.4GHz and 5GHz output).