SWTX Server Chassis?

piemadd

Hey there everyone! I have recently gotten my hands onto an SWTX motherboard (the Supermicro H8QG6-F) and I started hunting around for a case which would fit the behemoth. Yes, I could just stick it on a piece of MDF and call it a day, but I really want to mount it in my server rack and have it look nice. Information is fairly sparce on the internet for cases that fit the standard, much less have the proper standoffs. Would I be better off just buying an older server off of ebay, putting in my own mounting holes, and going from there or does anybody know of a server chassis which wouldn't cost me a kidney to buy? Any help is greatly appreciated!

i like trains 🙂

Isn't that a Supermicro proprietary format?

Hunting for Supermicro cases would be a good solution, but even then, it's a very rare format. I think you'd be better with a large rackmount EATX case and then make your own mounting holes for that MB.

A quick look here and even the EOL stuff isn't compatible :(

https://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Isn't that a Supermicro proprietary format?

Hunting for Supermicro cases would be a good solution, but even then, it's a very rare format. I think you'd be better with a large rackmount EATX case and then make your own mounting holes for that MB.

A quick look here and even the EOL stuff isn't compatible :(

https://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/

Thats what I was going to do, thanks Paul!

i like trains 🙂