Windows will not boot

Hello everyone,

I recently built a computer and today... Something strange happened. This is the timeline to the best of my ability:

I was browsing youtube, suddenly I got a strange pop up that said something like "restart windows now to fix a driver problem"

The window itself only had 2 buttons to interact with: restart now, and restart later. I clicked restart now, and right after the windows loading wheel appears below the republic of gamers logo, it began to autorepair my E drive. It took around 30 minutes, then it rebooted, to the same exact process, took another 30 minutes, and now sometimes when it boots itll get stuck at "Starting Automatic Repair" but nothing happens, or the windows loading wheel appears, but nothing else occurs.

System specs:

Im not sure which is my bios specc, excuse my ignorance but I read this:

Bios: uefi bios version 0412 x64

Mobo: rog strix x570f gaming

Graphics nvidia rtx 2060 super

Processor: amd ryzen 7 3700x 8 core

16gb ram stick, 2400mhz
4 drives:

1tb hdd

2 240 old school ssds

1 256 m.2 ssd

750W PSU

Troubleshooting ive done:

Since it tried to repair the e drive I assumed maybe something happened to it. My main drive with the OS is the C drive, so I unplugged everything, took off the E drive, tried to boot, and nothing. I then did the same aalternatig each drive being off 1 at a time.

I also tried to boot with everything but the keyboard disconnected.

Lastly, I was discouraged and ready to reformat everything, so I prepared a media installation tool on a usb drive, but even if I tell bios to boot that one first... Nothing happens. I disabled secure boot, enabled legacy mode and then even forced a boot on the usb drive (that was recognized by the BIOS, same as all the other drives), but still nothing.

Please let me know if theres any more info.I can provide. I would describe myself as a capable techy, can follow directions well enough, but my knowledge is very superficial.

try disconnecting all drives except the one that will be used for the os, then try to install. if you have multiple drives connected when installing, it will sometimes put pieces of the os onto the other drives, usually leading to issues like this in my experience. if you still can't boot the windows install usb, try clearing the cmos.

45 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

try disconnecting all drives except the one that will be used for the os, then try to install. if you have multiple drives connected when installing, it will sometimes put pieces of the os onto the other drives, usually leading to issues like this in my experience. if you still can't boot the windows install usb, try clearing the cmos.

Thanks for the help. I removed all but C, and it still wouldnt boot. I then removed the battery to reset cmos to default, but im bac to square one.

I did notice that after restarting cmos, there was a big bright light on the mobo, first it was yellow, then red, then yellow, them red, then white, then green, them white, then its off permanently. Im gonna read the mobo booklet to see if that means anything and will update if I find something relevant :(

The light thing, to the best of my knowledge appears to be standard boot sequence stuff. Im all out of ideas for now :(