CPU Overheating need help

Brxdie1

My CPU has started overheating over the last couple of days, I have tried taking off the water cooler and re-applying thermal paste. This doesn't seem to have fixed anything.
In BIOS I have both fans working (CPU and case) but my Pump speed is 0RPM so I'm thinking the water cooler might be broken but I'm not sure.

Specs:

CPU - i7-9700k
Cooler Master lite 120
MB - MSI Z390-A PRO

The resting temp is 50 degrees right now however if i start a youtube video or a game it will ramp up to high 80s into the 90s.

I also had a beeping noise last night that sounded like an alarm and it gave me a message on screen that the CPU was overheating.

As the CPU Fan and System fan are working - I have swapped the system fan onto the Pump header and the fan is still working so I know that the connection is fine.

At this point I believe it might be the cooler pumps that are not working, I'm not sure though.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Brxdie1 said:

my Pump speed is 0RPM

Welcome to the forums!!!

Does it sound like the pump is actually on like there is a noise like its pushing liquid around? I don't have experience with AIOs for personal preference but it sounds like the pump is gone, temps should have been much more cooler than that, especially idle. How old is the AIO? How long have you been using it? If its still under warranty, RMA it. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Hey thanks for the reply. 

I have now moved the connectors from PUMP and SYSTEM around and I am getting over 1000 RPM on Pump now and it does sound like its active.

However the System fan is now showing 0 RPM. I have checked and CPU fan, case fan and GPU fans are all on. 

The CPU temp is still high with this switched around but it may need a bit of time to cool off properly as it was up at 90+ before i swapped the connections. 

It is just out of warranty, its 2 years old now.

I'm hoping the connectors being moved around may have sorted the pump

Pump should be around 1500 rpm, CPU fan on CPU fan header. If fan rpm is still 0, try another header. You can change fan curve in bios and set it to follow CPU temp. If you can change pump to run full speed, then do that. Also did you clean off the old thermal paste when reinstall cooler?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The pump RPM is around 1320, CPU fan is in CPU fan header and RPM fluctuates around 1500 upwards. I just changed fan speed to 'smart fan' option. 

I did clean off all the old thermal paste before applying the new paste and everything is all attached properly. 

If it continues to just increase in temp I'm really not sure what is wrong with it.

I should note as well, that any time I go to BIOS the CPU temp just slowly increases constantly until too high and beeps

Just went onto a game to check what would happen to temps now, they went up to 100 degrees within 2 mins. 

No idea what's wrong with it

14 minutes ago, Brxdie1 said:

Just went onto a game to check what would happen to temps now, they went up to 100 degrees within 2 mins. 

No idea what's wrong with it

really does sound like a pump failure to me...

if you've still got the stock cooler that the cpu came with slap that on and see what happens. it's at least will eliminate some possibilities

I don't unfortunately, going to have to buy another cooler and hope that sorts it on Monday