Powering On PC

T4M3W0LF

Hi everyone,

I’m having a bit of a strange issue which has never happened before when turning my pc on this morning (via case power button) nothing happened and if keep pressing nothing happens,

it was all turned on at the socket and on the back of the psu as the mother board had its LEDs on, so I opened the back of the case to check the cables and psu they seemed all fine but

i did tap the psu bait then pressed the power on button and it came on so kind of makes me wonder if the psu could be the issue which I hope not as its not very old,

after shutting it down and putting the back cover back on and seated my pc back into place I switched it back on and the button did it again but pressed again it came on and now there is some sort of buzzing noise coming from some where.

if anyone can help me figure this out it would be much appreciated 

19 minutes ago, T4M3W0LF said:

"it was all turned on at the socket and on the back of the psu as the mother board had its LEDs on"

I notice this happens when for example the power goes out or if I disconnect the PSU and plug it back in - maybe there was a shortage in the electrical grid that hurt the PSU ?

Is the buzzing noise could be a shortage somewhere, but it could also be a fan so I would suggest you unplug the PSU and test it (videos on YouTube show you how)

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I’ll will have a look at the psu as going to take it out and check everything, we haven’t had a power outage here so can not be that,

the buzzing noise only started the second time I started it up.