OS Freezes Randomly

Foot Sampler

This is more of an update to a post I've made before as I am still having the issues. I'm updating the post to show what troubleshooting I've done to hopefully pinpoint the cause of these issues.

Original Post:

I recently upgraded the hardware in my PC and after that I've been having random hickups where there will be a good 15-20 second freeze where the only thing that responds is mouse movement (and sometimes a YouTube video will continue playing but I cannot interact with it). I will list both my former hardware as well as my new hardware, but one thing to note is that I am still using the same SSD to boot off of as well as the same storage drive. These freezes seem to mostly happen when I do something, and by that I mean when I open or close a new window or click on a file. After these freezes, anything I attempted to do will suddenly happen all at once.

Former Hardware:

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 (I do not have the BIOS version, my apologies).

CPU: i7 4790k

GPU: GTX 970 & GTX 960

RAM: 16GB DDR3 (I do not know the frequency but I believe it's just cheap no-name RAM so likely low).

Storage: 256GB SSD (Boot), 1TB WD Blue HDD, & 1TB Toshiba external HDD

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650W

Current Hardware:

Motherboard: ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4

BIOS: v1.10

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

GPU: GTX 970 & GTX 960

RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws 16GB 3200MHz Dual Channel

Storage: 256GB SSD (Boot), 1TB WD Blue HDD, & 1TB Toshiba external HDD

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650W

Update:

Since that post, I have reinstalled Windows and only backed up my important files that were on the SSD. Still, the freezing persisted. I've also run a Memory Diagnostic and did not come back with any errors. I've updated my motherboard BIOS as well as installed drivers for the B550 chipset but none of this has done me any good, unfortunately.

Are there any usage or temperature spikes when the freezing occurs? 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

Are there any usage or temperature spikes when the freezing occurs? 

Quite the opposite, actually. It seems that usage and temperatures all go down as nothing is being processed during these freezes.