What's the difference between these cpu blocks?

presss

Does anyone know why this CPU BLOCK 1 block has the Velocity engraving on top while this one CPU BLOCK 2 doesn't? They have the same EAN part number but one is Quantum Velocity and the other just Velocity? Cheers!

i9 12900K | 3080Ti FE | 32GB T-Force 8-pack binned edition @3600 CL14

All in all probably the same or very similar blocks. I think the Quantum Velocity line may be the successor to the Velocity line. The former having the engraving while the latter not. Them selling a frame for aesthetics leads me to further believe that: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-velocity-frame-nickel

Aesthetical cover frame for the EK-Velocity CPU water block in order to cater to the philosophy of the EK Quantum Lineup. Users are able to replace their existing aesthetical frame covers and to further customize their high-end liquid cooling loop.  

The part is originally found on EK-Velocity CPU water blocks which are equipped with Acetal top covers.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

5 minutes ago, tikker said:

All in all probably the same or very similar blocks. I think the Quantum Velocity line may be the successor to the Velocity line. The former having the engraving while the latter not. Them selling a frame for aesthetics leads me to further believe that: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-velocity-frame-nickel

Oh ok, that makes it a bit clearer now, thanks for your fast response and have a nice week!

i9 12900K | 3080Ti FE | 32GB T-Force 8-pack binned edition @3600 CL14