Plz help on screen selection

PeachGr

Hello guys, i will wait a little bit to check the octomber's releases but then, i will choose a new monitor
The question is, is 4k on 27 inches noticeable, or 2k feels the same?
I am about to choose between LG 27GL850-B and LG 27GL950 (after i check reviews)
I d also wanted to go to 30" for 4k, but it's not a trend yet, so the cost and the variety is out of place

15 hours ago, PeachGr said:

Hello guys, i will wait a little bit to check the octomber's releases but then, i will choose a new monitor
The question is, is 4k on 27 inches noticeable, or 2k feels the same?
I am about to choose between LG 27GL850-B and LG 27GL950 (after i check reviews)
I d also wanted to go to 30" for 4k, but it's not a trend yet, so the cost and the variety is out of place

Totally a subjective opinion thing that depends on your personal visual acuity, the type of content you interact with, and how close you sit to your displays.

That being said, the *general* recommended advice is that 24" is a good size for 1080p, 27" is a good size for 1440p, and 32" is a good size for 4K. 

4K at 27" is definitely going to be sharper. You can do the PPI calculation and compare it to other sizes and see if you're in the neighborhood of what you're shooting for.

I personally find that 32" is a great size for my 4K display such that I can use it without any additional scaling and am not able to discern individual pixels unless I look closely. This is purely anecdotal and you may find your preferences differ greatly from mine.