Installing Linux on a Mid 2007 Mac

Heyo, so here's the deal.

I bought a second-hand mid-2007 Mac, with the OS completely wiped. I tried to reinstall OS X, but it gave me the "Temporarily Unavailable" error, so I figured I would install Linux onto it.

I have no idea how to install Linux onto it.

I have a USB stick, and I want to install elementaryOS. I am using a Windows computer to burn the ISO onto the USB stick.

How do i do this?

Download rufus on your windows computer then download your iso of choice then burn it onto the usb stick with rufus after that go to your mac go to the bios change change boot order so usb is the first priority plug in usb with iso then wait for the elementary os to download.

Some guy interested in tech

7 minutes ago, Ataxion said:

after that go to your mac go to the bios change change boot order so usb is the first priority 

Mac's don't have bios. you need to hold down Option (or Alt on a PC keyboard) and then just select the usb from the boot picker

She/Her

4 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

Mac's don't have bios. you need to hold down Option (or Alt on a PC keyboard) and then just select the usb from the boot picker

well I have never used a mac so sorry

Some guy interested in tech

I've installed Linux on a similar age macbook.  It required me to get a copy of rEFIt (an EFI boot utility) and I had to do some messing about to get Grub to install the 32-bit version -- note that even though it has a 64-bit CPU many macbooks around that time had a 32-bit EFI so you need a 32-bit bootloader if that's the case. 

If I have to explain every detail, I won't talk to you.  If you answer a question with what can be found through 10 seconds of googling, you've contributed nothing, as I assure you I've already considered it.

What a world we would be living in if I had to post several paragraphs every time I ask a question.