This seems weird to ask, but still: New in-ear headphones help

TechShroom
Go to solution Solved by TechShroom,

Okay, so it looks like I found my less broken Sennheiser PX 100 'phones and I think I'll use those for a while and then decide if I'll buy PX 100-IIs or some IEMs. Anyway, the point is, This case is closed for now.

So I'm trying to make a decision, in which probably no matter which option I go for, I will be pleased enough.

Let me set the scene: My cheap 20€ Sony in ear headphones from like 2 years back finally broke, first the right phone, then the left. I'm looking for some new ones that would be a substantial upgrade compared to my previous ones. I've narrowed it down to three candidates: Sennheiser CX 300-II (40€), Beyerdynamic DTX 71 iE (60€) and Klipsch Image S4 II (70€) 

They would mostly be used to listen to podcasts and music on my phone. I'd rather not spend too much money, but do you think there is enough of a difference in these for the price?

Feels kind of pointless to ask this as I doubt nobody is really into low-mid range in-ear headphones enough to give a conclusive answer, but hey, you can always ask, right?

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

In my opinion i think that the soundmagic E10s are friggin amazing for their price, they lack in bass but the mids are friggin awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

As someone who picked-up the Beyerdynamics just recently, go for something cheaper. The DTX 71 IEs are definitely good... for the $36.99 price I got them at. At 60€+ I'm still deciding if they're worth the money; I've had numerous $30~ pairs of in-ear headphones that sound as good, but the DTX 71 IEs do seem to still be warming-up and becoming more... "verbose" in their range and control. I've looked around, and not found them on-sale on any of the more popular US sites, but they are on-sale for the third week in a row at NCIX, so if can pick them up from an NCIX retail location, or throw them in with another shipped order, then I say go for it. http://www.ncix.com/search/?q=DTX+71IE

Sadly, I can't compare to the other two products as I've got no experience with them yet.

Edit: again, take my opinion with a grain of salt. I feel the bass is definitely warming-up and beginning to respond very well, the thump of my DnB well-controlled compared to the initial couple of days. I'll come back when I have a bit more time to judge.

I like music and headphones.

In my opinion i think that the soundmagic E10s are friggin amazing for their price, they lack in bass but the mids are friggin awesome.

Well, the nearest place for me to order Soundmagic E10s would be Amazon.co.uk and luckily they have free shipping to my country. I'll have to do some more research, but they seem good. Thanks for the suggestion. Not too bad of a price either.

From what I've heard, the Klipschs are overrated. Not sure which one is better of the other 2 though. 

Yeah, they seem to have that Apple-like reputation of a "premium brand" and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were a bit worse in terms of value for money than people seem to suggest most of the time.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

Well, the nearest place for me to order Soundmagic E10s would be Amazon.co.uk and luckily they have free shipping to my country. I'll have to do some more research, but they seem good. Thanks for the suggestion. Not too bad of a price either.

Yeah, they seem to have that Apple-like reputation of a "premium brand" and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were a bit worse in terms of value for money than people seem to suggest most of the time.

Klipsh is a shit headphone company, though their speakers make for great music speakers. You Aldo have a pair of etymotics in your price range. Though they will be really flat which doesn't appeal to most people. Westone also may make an IEM in your price range.

Klipsh is a shit headphone company, though their speakers make for great music speakers. You Aldo have a pair of etymotics in your price range. Though they will be really flat which doesn't appeal to most people. Westone also may make an IEM in your price range.

Well, I've never heard of Etymotics or Westone, but maybe I'll look into it. Also I'm actually interested in trying some headphones with a flatter sound.

Well, I've never heard of Etymotics or Westone, but maybe I'll look into it. Also I'm actually interested in trying some headphones with a flatter sound.

They are more professionally oriented products, but sometimes those are the best designed and fit a consumers needs better.

They are more professionally oriented products, but sometimes those are the best designed and fit a consumers needs better.

Well I checked Amazon, and they both look to be a bit on the pricey side of my current budget, so I'll have to think about this a bit more. I've already crossed Klipsch off the list now, though.

Well I checked Amazon, and they both look to be a bit on the pricey side of my current budget, so I'll have to think about this a bit more. I've already crossed Klipsch off the list now, though.

On mobile or I would have price checked an got proper product names. But also long as you don't go Klipsh

So one final question guys: How do you think the Sennheiser CX300 II and Soundmagic E10 compare? The soundmagics would be about 7€ less expensive, and I've pretty much settled on this price point of around 40€. The only question that remains is: Which ones are better in terms of comfort and most of all sound quality? 

Okay, so it looks like I found my less broken Sennheiser PX 100 'phones and I think I'll use those for a while and then decide if I'll buy PX 100-IIs or some IEMs. Anyway, the point is, This case is closed for now.