motherboard swap having major problems please help!!!

Niko_The_Evil

so i bought a new mobo and cpu x570 asus board and a 3700x cpu swaped the parts in and it posted and went to windows for a minute then shortly after it started turning on and off after i took it apart and put it back together and now it wont even turn on it only clicks from the psu and i got a new psu to see if that was it but not it still just clicks PLEASE HELP ME

2 minutes ago, Niko_The_Evil said:

so i bought a new mobo and cpu x570 asus board and a 3700x cpu swaped the parts in and it posted and went to windows for a minute then shortly after it started turning on and off after i took it apart and put it back together and now it wont even turn on it only clicks from the psu and i got a new psu to see if that was it but not it still just clicks PLEASE HELP ME

What PSU are you using? I've never heard a PSU click audibly. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

evga 850 and i have another 850 from corsair  i just got the evga  like 30 mins ago 

It sounds like it's stuck in a boot loop.

Check to make sure all the connectors on your motherboard (24 pin, 8 pin) are plugged in all the way.

Check your RAM. Make sure it's in the right slots for your motherboard. Pull it out and push it back in. If that doesn't help, try one stick at a time if you have multiple sticks.

If that doesn't help, pull your graphics card out and put it back in.

If that doesn't help, pull the CPU out and put it back in.

If that doesn't help, put your CPU, RAM, and graphics card onto your old motherboard on the new motherboard's box. Plug in your drives and the fans, and see if it works.

If it does, the motherboard might be bad. If it doesn't, you might have toasted one of your components.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

7 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

Check to make sure all the connectors on your motherboard (24 pin, 8 pin) are plugged in all the way.

Check your RAM. Make sure it's in the right slots for your motherboard. Pull it out and push it back in. If that doesn't help, try one stick at a time if you have multiple sticks.

If that doesn't help, put your CPU, RAM, and graphics card onto your old motherboard on the new motherboard's box. Plug in your drives and the fans, and see if it works.

If it does, the motherboard might be bad. If it doesn't, you might have toasted one of your components.

I should clarify, put your old CPU into your old motherboard. If it boots, and you can flash the BIOS to use the new CPU, do this is if you need to to use the new CPU in it. Then see if it boots.

If you do all this and it boots with the old CPU, but not the new CPU, the new CPU might be bad.

If you're upgrading from Intel to AMD, don't do this. The CPU's aren't interchangeable like this, I'm assuming you're going from Ryzen to a newer generation of Ryzen.

Edited by NickPickerWI
I forgot to add any text whatsoever.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

try reseating the 24pin and 8 pin connectors on the motherboard, if that doesn't work try shorting the pins to see if the PSU starts fine

download.thumb.jpg.22a981d9b578789c18a0ddaf9c8723b5.jpg

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

39 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

reseated everything still just the 2 clicks 

Just now, Niko_The_Evil said:

reseated everything still just the 2 clicks 

im tried a tuf gaming b550 plus and it powers up bot no post 

1 minute ago, Niko_The_Evil said:

im tried a tuf gaming b550 plus and it powers up bot no post 

Stupid question...did you put all the hardware (CPU, RAM, graphics card, etc.) onto that B550 motherboard? It won't POST without all the parts.

Sorry if that seems like a dumb statement. I want to make sure you're doing everything.

I assume you did put everything onto the B550...so...did you let it try to boot for a few minutes?

Some AMD motherboards boot loop 3 or 4 times once they see new hardware. It's just the PC getting used to the hardware.

If that's not the issue, is the B550 your old motherboard? If it is, try putting your old CPU into it.

If you've tried everything I listed, I don't know what to tell you. Some part of the system isn't working properly, obviously. I would say the PSU went bad, but you tried two with the same results. It wouldn't be likely that two PSU's failed back to back. I would say the motherboard, but if your old one has the same results, I'm not confident you junked two motherboards back to back.

It could be the graphics card, but without another system, you can't tell. Your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics to let you pull out the graphics card and see if it boots - you could try this and see if the PC at least stops clicking and rebooting over and over again, but it might not help.

Sorry, I've exhausted my ability to troubleshoot.

update i added a new hdd and i got to the post screen so ima try some things and get back

so i used my old hdds and got to the post screen it does not see the boot drive rn so ima reset a couple times also first time on the forum so still getting used to things so i apologize in advance

6 minutes ago, Niko_The_Evil said:

so i used my old hdds and got to the post screen

I have never heard of a drive causing this kind of problem.

Then again...I'm not going to say that anything surprises me anymore when it comes to computers.

ima try a fresh ssd and see if i can boot up i wanted to avoid reinstalling windows but if i have to