Java 6 dependencies

I am working on a project I was filming called 'Making Minecraft Run on Windows 95' and so far it hasn't been going that well. I need to get java 6 update 7 working, that version run natively on windows 98. When I first ran the installer it said windows installer 2.0 needed then I installed that and it gave me error 1723 dll missing, unfortunately it didn't specify what dll was neeeded and that left me at a halt. Does anyone know what dll's/dependencies are needed to make it work? It is highly likely possible since it was possible to make java 8 run on 98.

From the Minecraft website.

Starting from Minecraft 1.12, Java 8 will be required to run Minecraft. If you don't know whether you have Java 8, don't worry - our installers supply Minecraft with its own version of Java by default.

From the Java Website

For the Windows 95 operating system, you must download and install 1.3.1_xx version of Java.

Why can't I use the latest Java version from Oracle for Windows 95?

The latest Java version will not work properly with your operating system. Because Windows 95 is an older operating system, the best and most stable version of Java we can recommend is 1.3.1_xx.

Anyways "dll missing" is too generic of a message. You would probably need to drop into a debugger like ollydbg or ida to see what it's looking for. There is a chance, it could be looking for a Windows DLL, could have gotten a bad response from Windows API, or needs an additional runtime pack installed. Chances of anyone knowing here are probably slim.

23 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

From the Minecraft website.

From the Java Website

Anyways "dll missing" is too generic of a message. You would probably need to drop into a debugger like ollydbg or ida to see what it's looking for. There is a chance, it could be looking for a Windows DLL, could have gotten a bad response from Windows API, or needs an additional runtime pack installed. Chances of anyone knowing here are probably slim.

I was trying to get an older version of mc working, according to a few different source the lastest version that works on 95 is java 1.5.05 and the alpha launcher supports that vesions but when I try to launch it nothing opens but the .minecraft folder gets created. Anyway this probably explains why no one was able to get minecraft to work on windows 95